Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Photography

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography

Anyone want to discuss photography here? I have a pretty good background and can answer some questions. If we get enough response, maybe we can get a photo album started here.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Sounds like a great idea KoH.

I have been experimenting with my husband's newest toy, a Panasonic digital video camera. The pictures from the Roundup were taken with his camera. I like the weight and the feel of the camera. My favorite features are the zoom and the fact that I can snap a picture while filming video.

My avatar is one example of the capabilities of the new camera. I can post more pictures if you like.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
      Sounds like a great idea KoH.

I have been experimenting with my husband's newest toy, a Panasonic digital video camera. The pictures from the Roundup were taken with his camera. I like the weight and the feel of the camera. My favorite features are the zoom and the fact that I can snap a picture while filming video.

My avatar is one example of the capabilities of the new camera. I can post more pictures if you like.

Panasonic is always in the forfront with their equipment. Their mechanics have always been sound. From what I understand, their lens system is much improved and you can get some great shots. One of the most important things when looking for a camera is to get one that fits. The better they feel, the less jerk to your camera. I am thrilled that you enjoy the camera.. Do you have photos posted anywhere?
      >>Alan<<
      Member 216

Comment

The weight of the camera is really good. Not too heavy, not too light. I will let Nathan know that he made a good choice.

Disneyland 3/2/05

Those are my pictures from last Sunday. Mostly being a Disney Geek. The castle ones are quite fun. The pictures taken on Jungle Cruise were taken while I was shooting video.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-14-2005, 05:40 PM.

Comment

For most people, 3.1 is fine. One of my first cameras was 3.1. Kodak use to make some really bad cameras, drop them and throw them away. They have put a lot of work into their digital line. What do you use it for mostly?
            >>Alan<<
            Member 216

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
              The weight of the camera is really good. Not too heavy, not too light. I will let Nathan know that he made a good choice.

Disneyland 3/2/05

Those are my pictures from last Sunday. Mostly being a Disney Geek. The castle ones are quite fun. The pictures taken on Jungle Cruise were taken while I was shooting video.

Very nice photos. The camera handled some bad lighting situaqtions handly. What recording format does it use?
              >>Alan<<
              Member 216

Comment

Some sort of card. I can't think of the media off the top of my head. Scan Disk maybe.

The camera does not have a flash, which might explain why the outdoor pictures are much better than my interior pictures. The main priority for us is to get a back-up battery.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-14-2005, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I've just got a Canon PowerShot A70, and I'm very happy with it! 3.2 megapixel, with a 3x optical zoom. I also just bought an additional telephoto lens for it that brings it up over 7x optical. I can actually see Sorcerer Mickey in my Fantasmic photos now!

I'd love to get a DSLR, but it's just not in the budget at the moment.
                    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

I enjoy shooting on film, and printing my own photos in a lab. I just love the smell of developer. I know it's freaky, but the smell makes my creative side shine through. Much like a Denny's sampler.

Comment

Originally posted by Socapex
                        I enjoy shooting on film, and printing my own photos in a lab. I just love the smell of developer. I know it's freaky, but the smell makes my creative side shine through. Much like a Denny's sampler.
                        I agree. If I had access to a darkroom I would shoot mostly in black and white. Photoshop can do the same thing, but I really miss the darkroom.

Comment

I grew up sending them out.. and using a digital camera.. currently i am using a Nikon coolpics 4300 Camera.... Not bad.. (for being out dated/obsolete..) (it is broke somewhat and needs to be serviced...)

Not bad camera.. could use a better zoom... but shooting with the largest setting and editing it down isn't hard.. 4 Mps i think.....

I am working my hardest to get a new camera for graduation..... and not let "Any One" get ahold of it this time and mess it up...

Comment

I :love: my Canon S45 that I've had for almost two years now. I took this and this early last month (I also :love: vegas even if I'm not old enough to gamble ). This is my first camera ever (aside from disposables) and I would LOVE to learn more about actual photography, maybe even take a class or two. This reminds me though, I do have to get new batteries for it, and a bigger memory card would be nice (currently stuck on a 256)
                            "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                            You set the bar I could not live up to
                            Tonight the light is breaking through
                            So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                            Zebrahead

Comment

I have a Sony cybershot 5 pixel which I love!

I would love to see pictures in an album... I could look at photos all day long.
                              Lets start a photo album!!
                              Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X