Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube Partnership Program question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • YouTube Partnership Program question

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRUAyTEZ8I"]YouTube- "it's a small world!" holiday- Clock & Projector Shows (2008)[/ame]

    I've been offered a chance to include my video (that one^^) in the Partnership Program. However, in going over their terms for allowing a video to be a part of this program, there cannot be any copyright conflicts, or footage of people who I didn't get permission from to show in my video, etc.

    My quandary is this: since it's a video taken at Disneyland, doesn't that mean Disney technically owns the content of my video, which would then mean I have no right to make money off of it through the YouTube Partnership Program?

    Did I word this clearly? Please help me help you to understand what's going on, if this isn't completely clear.

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: YouTube Partnership Program question

    Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
    since it's a video taken at Disneyland, doesn't that mean Disney technically owns the content of my video, which would then mean I have no right to make money off of it through the YouTube Partnership Program?
    Technically according to copyright law - if you are the photographer and take the pictures/video - you own the content, Disney wouldn't own it. This does not however entitle you to use the images if they are of copyrighted or trademarked items (save for a very limited set of instances).

    My advice at this point would be to be up front and contact Disney about your plans and ask permission. I have found Disney to be far more generous when asked - than forgiving should they catch you.





    sigpic

    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: YouTube Partnership Program question

      If by Patnership Program you mean Revenue Sharing then your video might be approved. My videos of Mr. Potatohead at DCA were not approved, but footage of fireworks and parades usually is. Your best bet is to submit the video and let YouTube decide.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: YouTube Partnership Program question

        Originally posted by Sambo View Post
        Technically according to copyright law - if you are the photographer and take the pictures/video - you own the content, Disney wouldn't own it. This does not however entitle you to use the images if they are of copyrighted or trademarked items (save for a very limited set of instances).

        My advice at this point would be to be up front and contact Disney about your plans and ask permission. I have found Disney to be far more generous when asked - than forgiving should they catch you.
        That's what I figured. Now the only question that I have is... what's their address? I've tried searching through Google, but the only form of contact I can find is: The Walt Disney Company - Terms of Use for Walt Disney Internet Group (point #16, towards the bottom of the page).

        There is a contact address in there, but that's if you're trying to contact them about someone else posting something on a Disney web site that you own the rights to.

        Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
        If by Patnership Program you mean Revenue Sharing then your video might be approved. My videos of Mr. Potatohead at DCA were not approved, but footage of fireworks and parades usually is. Your best bet is to submit the video and let YouTube decide.
        Yup, that's exactly what I meant. I think I'm just going to go the safe route and ask for permission, rather than have YouTube or Disney take down my video, et cetera, et cetera.

        Comment

        Ad Widget

        Collapse
        Working...
        X