X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube Partnership Copyright?

Hey all!

Back when the refurbished Small World opened, I posted several videos on YouTube, which I was recently offered revenue partnership for. This would be a great opportunity, however I am not sure if the filming of the ride is Copyright infringement? I figured someone here would be able to tell me! Thanks for your help! I'll post links to the videos if you want to see for yourself before you reply.

Full Ride-Thru
    YouTube - New Small World- Full Ride Thru Feat. New Characters
    Clock Lighting
    YouTube - New It's A Small World Clock Lighting
    Train Passing
    YouTube - New It's A Small World Facade Lighting

P.S. Sorry Admins if this thread is in the wrong forum! I figured it somewhat applied to the DLR.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

Re: YouTube Partnership Copyright?

I don't think it is. But just to make sure whenever I upload a video of an attraction at Disneyland I put "no copyright infridgment required". I don't know if it helps though.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
      But just to make sure whenever I upload a video of an attraction at Disneyland I put "no copyright infridgment required". I don't know if it helps though.
      It doesn't. A lot of people on YouTube include statements like that ("no copyright infringement intended", etc.) and to be frank, they're completely meaningless. Copyright infringement is copyright infringement, regardless of whether it's intended to be.

That being said, I'm not sure if this specifically would be illegal. Disney obviously doesn't allow recording of their film-based attractions, but they do allow it in other attractions. My guess is that they would not look kindly upon others making unauthorized profit off of footage of their property, but to be sure, you could try contacting Disney directly. You should also read up on YouTube's policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        My guess is that they would not look kindly upon others making unauthorized profit off of footage of their property, but to be sure, you could try contacting Disney directly. You should also read up on YouTube's policies.
        I agree. If making a profit off Disney, I think you'll have some legal issues.
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

Hey, that's kinda funny. I just got three emails asking me about the partnership thing last night! And all of them are Disneyland videos. lol
          The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
          fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
          JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

It doesn't. A lot of people on YouTube include statements like that ("no copyright infringement intended", etc.) and to be frank, they're completely meaningless. Copyright infringement is copyright infringement, regardless of whether it's intended to be.

That being said, I'm not sure if this specifically would be illegal. Disney obviously doesn't allow recording of their film-based attractions, but they do allow it in other attractions. My guess is that they would not look kindly upon others making unauthorized profit off of footage of their property, but to be sure, you could try contacting Disney directly. You should also read up on YouTube's policies.

I always thought Disney would let you record something as long as it wasn't a show like Captain EO or PhilarMagic.
            Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 10-10-2010, 10:57 AM. Reason: Hotlinked Image

Comment

I checked out the partnership program after I was offered to sign up for it. It's only something like 4 bucks for every thousand hits you get. :/

Comment

The YouTube partnership program specifically states that if a video contains music, even if it is you singing it by yourself, that you do not own the worldwide distribution rights to or have permission from the rights holder to distribute, then it will not be allowed in the partnership program. So you would have to contact Disney and get permission.

I was offered this on some of my Disney videos as well. I have one of Big Thunder which has no music on it just video of my family members enjoying it so I went ahead and submitted it to see if it would get approved.

With this program, three parties are making money off of it. In the case of a Disney video... Disney gets money, Google gets money and you get some (very little in the end) money as well. So Disney does have some incentive to allow this to happen. I do like Google's services as they encourage businesses to allow "Fair Use" videos to stay up by offering them the chance to make money off of them. This is another example of Google trying to find ways of doing that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                  I always thought Disney would let you record something as long as it wasn't a show like Captain EO or PhilarMagic.
                  That's exactly what I said!

Comment

Originally posted by SS77 View Post
                    Hey, that's kinda funny. I just got three emails asking me about the partnership thing last night! And all of them are Disneyland videos. lol
                    Do you think you're going to take advantage of it?

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                    The YouTube partnership program specifically states that if a video contains music, even if it is you singing it by yourself, that you do not own the worldwide distribution rights to or have permission from the rights holder to distribute, then it will not be allowed in the partnership program. So you would have to contact Disney and get permission.

I was offered this on some of my Disney videos as well. I have one of Big Thunder which has no music on it just video of my family members enjoying it so I went ahead and submitted it to see if it would get approved.

With this program, three parties are making money off of it. In the case of a Disney video... Disney gets money, Google gets money and you get some (very little in the end) money as well. So Disney does have some incentive to allow this to happen. I do like Google's services as they encourage businesses to allow "Fair Use" videos to stay up by offering them the chance to make money off of them. This is another example of Google trying to find ways of doing that.
                    So you're saying that its possible Disney might give me permission since they get a "cut," however small that may be? Also any info on where I would submit such a request to Disney?

Thanks for the responses!
                    My Inspirations:
                    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
                    AND
                    Robert and Richard Sherman

Comment

I have been offered many opportunity on my youtube videos to enable revenue sharing.

I always declined it because it's usually don't show me talking at all, and basically I am recording all the shows, parades, and so on.

For example, I was offered to enable revenue sharing for my popular youtube video "Halloween Screams fireworks" which has almost closed to 200,000 views. I declined it because I am on Disneyland Property and I didn't create the show and there were a lot of music involved.

My main GOAL I am trying to achieve when I post videos on youtube is to get as many view counts, comments, and Favorite as possible. I don't care about the revenue. I just care that I come out on top. LOL.

What's unique about my recording of video on youtube account is that I provide many user with the best viewing option ever and that's in HD. I usually zoom upclose to the actors face and not like most videos on youtube that are not zoom in at all and not in HD.

I provide people the opportunity that can't make it to those event/shows to see them at the highest quality. For example, my videos of The Hanging and Bill and Ted's at Universal Horror night. Both those videos come out at the top of the youtube page.

Here's are some of the revenue that I been offered on:

BEST VIP Viewing of World of Color in HD:

YouTube - World of Color - BEST VIP Section View - Full Scope in HD

Halloween Screams Fireworks

YouTube - Disneyland - Halloween Fireworks - in HD - Halloween Screams Fireworks

Best HD Video Bill and Ted's Finale

YouTube - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure 2010 FINALE - BEST HD VID ZOOM- Universal Hollywood

and so on.....

My youtube channel is in my signature down below
                      Last edited by SoCalbma; 10-10-2010, 11:56 AM.
                      My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                      http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
                        So you're saying that its possible Disney might give me permission since they get a "cut," however small that may be? Also any info on where I would submit such a request to Disney?
                        Possible... but again, how likely it is I can't say. Google has pretty strict questions about any copyrighted content contained in the video whether intentionally or accidentally. You will need to have permission to distribute said content via your video from the content holders.

It all depends on Disney, and I'm not sure how to contact them on this one. Others who have worked press events might know more.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

That's exactly what I said!
                          Oh, I thought you meant any ride based on a film.

Comment

i just checked they're offering me a partnership for my Disney videos why is everyone getting them? I'm just gonna ignore it cause i don't want to get into a legal rights battle
                            Last edited by Michael808702; 10-10-2010, 02:07 PM.

:whistling
                            It's a music Celebration
                            Come on, come on, come on
                            Strike up the band,
                            Feel the beat, what a great sensation
                            Come on, come on, come on
                            Move and clap your hands,
                            Get into the Spirit
                            Let everyone hear it,
                            So come on, come on

:whistling
                            Step into the Magic
                            Watch the stories come alive
                            Step into the Magic
                            Every color shines so bright
                            Step into the Magic!!!!
                            :ap:
                            -Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Comment

Very IMPORTANT ARTICLE concerning posting video of Disneyland online:

Legal limbo: Disney could go after you for posting vacation videos online
                              My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                              http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X