Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Anyone using the new RockMelt browser?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the new RockMelt browser?

I just installed it today, and I gotta admit - it's impressive! I'm logged into both Facebook and Twitter through it, and I can add other feeds, plus all my Firefox bookmarks automatically imported (as did my saved passwords, which saves a lot of time). The nice thing is that it uses less memory to do it all.

The Official Intro Video:

RockMelt - Your Browser. Re-imagined. Connect for an invitation.

Interview with the founders of RockMelt:

Pretty full review:

Only thing so far that I'm not a fan of is that right now I appear to be stuck with ads, and of course some of my favorite Firefox add-ons aren't there either. But as the founders mentioned in the second video, apparently you can import Google Chrome extensions into RockMelt, and some of the Firefox Add-ons I like most are also Chrome extensions, so, hey, this just might work out!
    Last edited by Retrocool; 11-24-2010, 03:43 PM. Reason: Updating video links due to site redesign

Re: Anyone using the new RockMelt browser?

Yeah, I played with it for a while, but in the end, it's just another browser - albeit one that also incorporates Facebook and twitter (and some other feeds). Aside from being able to open all that up at once, in one "window", I see no real improvement over opening the apps up as I need them or opening multiple windows should I need them all at once. The drag and drop features are convenient, but not a big difference from having two windows open - although some apps require cut & paste as the drag & drop doesn't behave in a manner similar to Rockmelt.

I can see where some folks will really like it, I'm just "meh" on it.

I do encourage folks to try it out...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Re: Anyone using the new RockMelt browser?

Hadn't heard of this before. I looked at the shorter of those two videos and, initial response: Huh?

It's kinda interesting looking, although probably only really useful to those who routinely do a lot of social-networking, have many contacts, and use mostly Facebook, Twitter, and the other fashionable big sites.

Not for me to be honest, because none of the above apply: I haven't done any instant-messaging or similar over-internet networking of note since probably 2001, prefer not to rely on a small number of popular sites (for security reasons), and prefer good old-fashioned email for most communications. The only thing that really stood out to me was the Gigaminx at the beginning of the video...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X