Need Droid wallpaper help

Ad Widget

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Droid wallpaper help

I just got a droid 2 after my EnV 3 went belly up (a circuit shorted out causing battery drainage and and high heat on the phone).
    So, I have been reading and reading about this and haven't gotten a good answer. I want a wallpaper (prefer from my gallery) but I somehow want the whole picture without cropping out 90% of it. I tried re-sizing it two different times to 2 different sizes (one a guy at verizon told me one my brother told me) but that just doesn't work. I don't care if it's pixalited much as long as you can tell what it is.

How can I do that? And are there places within the phone (market?) where I can download some for free (other than the ugly ones that come with the phone)?

And what are some good free apps that are helpful?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: Need Droid wallpaper help

Market - Apps - All applications - Top Free...or Just In.

You can scroll down and find wallpaper, animated wallpaper, and theme sets with a tiny bit of searching. As far as creating my own from my gallery - never done that as I like the animated ones that came with my phone. (HTC Incredible) My wife does it with her Droid X and the photo automatically scales.

As far as free apps... depends what you are into. My favorites are:
    • Bubble
    • CamScanner
    • ConvertPad
    • Compass
    • Earth
    • Google Sky Map
    • IMDB
    • Lookout
    • Metal Detector
    • My Tracks
    • RealCalc
    • ScanLife
    All the rest I use came with the phone...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Re: Need Droid wallpaper help

Other apps that I find useful:

*Calendar Snooze
        *Astro File Manager
        *Delete old messages
        *Handcent SMS (My favorite for texting)
        *Movies -can also deal with Netflix queue
        *Scrambled Net (game for network geeks)
        *UltraChron (there is a lite and paid version)
        *Wifi Analyzer
        *Words Free

There are others (Angry Birds) but I'm sure that'll give you a lot to get going with. :-)

Ad Widget