X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google's Awesome April Fools

As always Google is at it again this year:

1. Turn on Google Instant Search and in the auto complete box there will be a link to "We are hiring autocompleters!"

2. Gmail login pages have a link for Gmail Motion.

3. This little gem has shown up as well: [link]

4. Youtube 1911 [link] including the top viral videos of 1911.

Can't wait to see what others surface.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Re: Google's Awesome April Fools

I saw the 1911 thing on YouTube; thought it was kinda dumb. It also let's you "1911-ize" any video you're watching (with a tinkly piano audio overlay and a sepia tone and fake film scratches video overlay). Kinda cute, but not particularly April Foolish in my eyes.

Comment

Another one we just found... if you do a google search for "Comic Sans" all the results are returned in Comic Sans font.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

ThinkGeek has their usual awesome April Fools Day products.

ThinkGeek :: Star Wars Lightsaber Popsicles

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
          ThinkGeek has their usual awesome April Fools Day products.

ThinkGeek :: Star Wars Lightsaber Popsicles
          I thought that is would be voted the most likely April Fools Day product to be turned into a real product.
          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Meh...I think Google Corp itself has become an April Fool. Time to move on...Bing or AltaVista for me now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X