This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Street View

I've seen the Google vehicles a few times, but Thursday was the first time I was in a position to take a few pictures. I found this Street View vehicle in action in Hollywood yesterday.

sigpic

Re: Google Street View

Awesome! I was stopped at a stoplight next to one a couple years ago. Didn't know they were advertising on them... they used to keep them as discrete as possible. That camera up top is an engineering marvel... amazing piece of work.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Discrete? Even without the advertising the camera alone is a give away! :lol: I've never seen it but I know its been in my neighborhood since my house in on there.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
        Discrete? Even without the advertising the camera alone is a give away! :lol: I've never seen it but I know its been in my neighborhood since my house in on there.
        Lol, ok, less obvious that it belongs to google

I keep looking at the imagery for the intersection I was at hoping to see myself in there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

...where's my horse mask?

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

So how do they store the images they collect? Do they have a computer with several terabytes of storage in the back seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
              So how do they store the images they collect? Do they have a computer with several terabytes of storage in the back seat?
              Possibly, but it would make more sense to buffer them and stream them back to the mothership with geocoordinates embedded.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I saw one of these whiz by the intersection as I was leaving my work building this morning (I work overnight). Not sure it was taking photos, it might have been going too fast, but you never know!

Comment

I've seen these google cars too! lol. My first impression was "Wow so that's the car that takes a picture of my house"
                  :thumbup:

Comment

Ya know there's no driver, right? It zips via remote control to wherever you need it when you activate Street View. ;-)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X