Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could just open Microsoft Word and copy & paste your post.

Comment

Not on all computers i use..... Heck.. my Win XP box at school can handel this site perfect.. but Word.. it crashes....

(same with the iMac from 97 in the band room..)

Now the linux box is great.. thought it downs't have a great dictionary in it yet... and it is taking forever checking my posts on it already....

(at home no problem... thought my HP does get it's memory filled quickly)

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
        Not on all computers i use..... Heck.. my Win XP box at school can handel this site perfect.. but Word.. it crashes....

One of my computers at home is an old 450mhz pII running win 98 with 128mb ram (talk about crappy machines) and it can do all that and more. MS word and a web page aren't exactly resource hogs.

Comment

Note, for spellcheck options, there are many:
          1. If using IE, get the new Toolbar 3 Beta - it's got a Spell Check button, or get IESpell
          2. If on FireFox, there are many extensions that allow you to do spell check.
          3. Copy & Paste into a word processor that has Spell Check
          -Monorail Man

Comment

if i'm worried that i'll make a fool out of myself with spelling errors, I type the word in my google search bar and it might say "did you mean ...?" Or I just type the word into Microsoft Word and let a computer correct me like usual.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              One of my computers at home is an old 450mhz pII running win 98 with 128mb ram (talk about crappy machines) and it can do all that and more. MS word and a web page aren't exactly resource hogs.
              Take the same computer and run Win XP..... Now see who has it worse....
              (I just upgraded the linux machines to work better.... However to upgrade a compaq i need the old technology not made anymore...

2286 compac presario....

And i do use some of those extensions in firefox.. when they are compatible wityh the version i am using...

Comment

Take the same computer and run Win XP..... Now see who has it worse....
                (I just upgraded the linux machines to work better.... However to upgrade a compaq i need the old technology not made anymore...

2286 compac presario....

And i do use some of those extensions in firefox.. when they are compatible wityh the version i am using...
                Dude, either your english skills are really that bad, or you are just posing to sound like you know things about computers. Because alot of what you say just doesn't make sense.
                If you or your school are trying to run a current OS on a 10 year old machine (ie the 2286 compaq), then you shouldn't even be working on a computer.

Comment

I know what i am talking about.. (I use win XP at home on 3/4 Y/O machines..)

At school.... someone decided to upgrade form windows 98 to win XP on a aboput 10 year old machine.. (i originally purchased it in 98... then gave it to the band for a small tax deduction..)

The compaq was good for win 98.. not XP.. (I am currently working on aquiring a legal version to use.. thought it wont happen till after the school year)

The school's computers suck in the band room.. (old iMac from 96 that break easily..)

I originally started this thread for recomending hacks for the board.. but it turned into something else.....

Comment

I know what i am talking about.. (I use win XP at home on 3/4 Y/O machines..)

At school.... someone decided to upgrade form windows 98 to win XP on a aboput 10 year old machine.. (i originally purchased it in 98... then gave it to the band for a small tax deduction..)

The compaq was good for win 98.. not XP.. (I am currently working on aquiring a legal version to use.. thought it wont happen till after the school year)

The school's computers suck in the band room.. (old iMac from 96 that break easily..)

I originally started this thread for recomending hacks for the board.. but it turned into something else.....
                    1)If you purchased the computer in 98 then it would only be seven years old not 10

2)You can get Win 98 on ebay for cheap http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...141208004&rd=1

3)The first imac came out in 1998, so the ones at your school couldn't be from 96.

:lol:

Comment

Actyually they arre labled 97.. I just checked during the band meeting.... 97 LOLHS

and you said 10 Y/O macnine first...

i have no cash.. The band has no cash.... After sugar bowl we went into the red... We are making our money back slowly....

Comment

Hmm... lets see......

Free, easy ways to check our spelling or hacking the software ?

I'll take free & easy.

So what's the other hack (or hacks) you were thinking about ?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X