X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigDaddyKyle
    replied
    I am an MSN fan. I only have dial-up now because I am broke, but I plan to have MSN premium as soon as I can get enough money to pay the bill on it!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    wireless

and no not wireless like wireless networking wireless like wireless broadband (this always confuses people)

wireless networking is slow range and uses radio frequencies and other such things

wireless broadband requires a microwave dish to be setup ontop of my house, it's different then sattilite though because the broadcasters are on the ground giving me much faster speed as well as allowing me to send data back (aka really fast upload speeds as well *sattlite technicaly can't upload so your sending data out through a phone line or another such communication device making your upload speed a joke*)

Leave a comment:

• ocnative1964
    replied
    Originally posted by figment1986
    they are DSLing the areas with higher population first... then moving to the obscure areas.. in about 5 years most of the country should be up to DSL/Cable modem speeds....

I was suprised they have DSL where I live, 5 miles from a small town that has a co-op phone company... only 10 homes in the neighborhood, but they had it.,...

suprisingly no cable internet....

I liiked into satelite, but it is VERY expensive $80 per month and the equipment is 400 AND UP...

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    Originally posted by invader pearl
    Five years?! Not fast enough for me!! By that time, my brand new computer will be massively archaic! :lol:
    I bet it'd be longer than that. There are people that are just now getting dial-up.

Leave a comment:

• Sam the iPod
    replied
    Originally posted by figment1986
    they are DSLing the areas with higher population first... then moving to the obscure areas.. in about 5 years most of the country should be up to DSL/Cable modem speeds....
    Five years?! Not fast enough for me!! By that time, my brand new computer will be massively archaic! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    Comcast for me too. It's been good to me.

And just to start a little argument let me say....cable owns dsl and always will.

Leave a comment:

• Rainfully
    replied
    Charter communications cable. At first it was a little troublesome... but haven't had any complaints with it for quite some time now!

Leave a comment:

• Demigod
    replied
    I have Roadrunner cable internet through Time Warner Cable.

I have at work a shared T1 with a 4mb/sec throughput.

I'm never going back to dialup, I don't care if I can't eat!

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ocnative1964
    replied
    I have been using the best $6 per month isp, but they are going out of business... I will have DSL by friday, it took the local phone co 3 days to hookup, they just test the line and thats about it...

as for satelite VERY expensive, 79 per month and 300 plus for the equipment, or more to "rent" the equipment...

I wanted to get cable since cheaper and faster, but i live in the sticks, only 10 homes in the hood....

gonna have the wireless net in the home as well...

some towns offer free wireless internet within the area, I cant wait for that where I live...

Leave a comment:

• Alex3231
    replied
    I also have comcast. It could be faster though. My computer is really vamped up and sometimes it takes time on mine to load pages and freeses on website like SaveDisney.com for some wierd reason. Does anyone else have this problem using FireFox on a Windows XP computer looking at the SaveDisney site?
    Last edited by Alex3231; 01-19-2005, 07:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Malibu Minion
    replied
    Originally posted by libraryvixen
    I have Comcast. It's not too bad though. I just need a better computer to make it work to its maximum potential!

I have Comcast as well and my computer sucks!! It's 5 years old .

Hopefully this I can buy a new one.

Leave a comment:

• Sam the iPod
    replied
    Disguy: I didn't think about satellite connection, but I'll have to remember to look into that. Interestingly, SBC is our land line service provider. I remember while living in Moreno Valley for school, Verizon was the carrier and didn't have DSL service out there. Seems as though I'm living in obscure places for these folks! Anyhow... still searching. It's tough to be at work with a fast connection and go home to a snail's pace.

Leave a comment:

• mhrc4
    replied
    just got my Cox account all workin straight, 4mbps down for $39.99/mo

Leave a comment:

• Disguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
    We have service through Stanford and CSUMB. It's okay, but the price is perfect: $0.00.
    Now that's a price that can't be beat!

Leave a comment:

• Gemini Cricket
    replied
    We have service through Stanford and CSUMB. It's okay, but the price is perfect: $0.00.

Leave a comment:

• Disguy
    replied
    Originally posted by invader pearl
    How long does it take to install DSL service in any area? That might seem like a vague question, but I keep searching around the Internet for DSL service at home and seems as though no one's come to our neighborhood yet. I did find Adelphia Cable, but their rate was $50!! I'm getting really frustrated because we're still on AOL Dial-Up (and I was under the impression that AOL doesn't provide direct broadband service like SBC, am I wrong?)

Leave a comment:

• Sam the iPod
    replied
    How long does it take to install DSL service in any area? That might seem like a vague question, but I keep searching around the Internet for DSL service at home and seems as though no one's come to our neighborhood yet. I did find Adelphia Cable, but their rate was $50!! I'm getting really frustrated because we're still on AOL Dial-Up (and I was under the impression that AOL doesn't provide direct broadband service like SBC, am I wrong?).

P.S. Dusty: I saw your column on MA this morning. Will you get your own board?

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied
    A residence doesn't need a T1, unless you are running a call center from your living room. Or perhaps you have outsourced your children and husband to India and need the extra bandwidth to communicate with them.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    T1 line is better... get it active... you will be flying through the net.....

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X