Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think my cameras dyin.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i think my cameras dyin.

    so i have this canon powershot a95. ive had it somewhere around a year and a half (christmas present in 04). ive used it absolutely to death (it goes literally everywhere with me) and its ...been through a lot.

    anyway, its starting to mess up now. the few people whos opinions id trust say it isnt old enough to be worn out, but i *have* used it an awful lot.

    the main problem is that every now and then (its happening more and more often) my pictures will have streaks through them. white gashes, or just ..thin fuzzy stripes. it shows on the lcd a little, but in the pictures.. it slaughters them. i can post an example of what im talking about if this is weird.

    anyway. should i just get a new one, or send it off to be fixed? i went to canon's website and couldn't find anything about that problem there. so. ...

  • #2
    Re: i think my cameras dyin.

    I have a canon powershot s50 - after close to a year, the screen went black and wouldn't show anything. I just took it back to where I bought it, they sent it in and replaced it - the casing a ding or two on the back - and they replaced that too - warranty was still covering everything. Try that.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: i think my cameras dyin.

      its a one year warranty (i think? im pretty sure i checked a few days ago) and ive had it more than a year..

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: i think my cameras dyin.

        Sounds like a line of lenses on your sensor has died. Easy way to fix: replace the CCD with a new CCD.
        -Tim

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: i think my cameras dyin.

          Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
          Easy way to fix: replace the CCD with a new CCD.

          ..so im 18 and this was my first digital camera and that doesnt sound like an easy fix.

          =\

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: i think my cameras dyin.

            It is an easy fix if you know where to get replacement CCDs and know how to expertly replace such a delicate piece.
            -Tim

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: i think my cameras dyin.

              Originally posted by figmentpigment
              ..so im 18 and this was my first digital camera and that doesnt sound like an easy fix.

              =\
              Aw you can do it, my five year old can take a vcr apart and put it back together. :lol:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: i think my cameras dyin.

                Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                Aw you can do it, my five year old can take a vcr apart and put it back together. :lol:
                Yeah, but your kid has your genes. You are a very bright woman. You just underestimate yourself.
                >>Alan<<
                Member 216




                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: i think my cameras dyin.

                  Originally posted by KingOfHearts
                  Yeah, but your kid has your genes. You are a very bright woman. You just underestimate yourself.
                  na see I broke it, he fixed it :lol:

                  jeans? how do you know he has on my jeans, why you silly man you are you watching my house again ???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: i think my cameras dyin.

                    Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                    na see I broke it, he fixed it :lol:

                    jeans? how do you know he has on my jeans, why you silly man you are you watching my house again ???
                    I am not peaking through your windows!! BTW, do you know how to get grass stains out of the knees of my genes?
                    >>Alan<<
                    Member 216




                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: i think my cameras dyin.

                      Originally posted by KingOfHearts
                      I am not peaking through your windows!! BTW, do you know how to get grass stains out of the knees of my genes?
                      what? now your wearing my jeans?? Oh you are so in trouble mister!!! and stop window peaking, this house is to dark with all the blinds closed!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: i think my cameras dyin.

                        Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                        what? now your wearing my jeans?? Oh you are so in trouble mister!!! and stop window peaking, this house is to dark with all the blinds closed!!!
                        Sorry about wearing your jeans. I will take them off now and as punishment, you can spank me.
                        >>Alan<<
                        Member 216




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: i think my cameras dyin.

                          oh no you don't!! I am not rewarding you!!! :lol:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: i think my cameras dyin.

                            I think you'd both better have a DNA test.

                            --Barry

                            Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread on dying digital cameras.
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X