Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

I have a non disney computer problem...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a non disney computer problem...

My olde computer at school... I need to reinstall windows 98.. and i lost the restore disk.. I need help... It is a compaq presario 2286 model from 1998....

Any solutions or suggestions... (it needs windows 98.. i tried XP once.. and it was S--L--O--W!!!!

id try ebay

Comment

problem is i dont have any cash to get a new/used Win 98 disk.....

Comment

Call up Microsoft and give them your license number. They may be able to work something out.

Comment

I'm guessing your warranty is out date. Last I heard MS charges 19.95 for replacement disks.

Comment

my warentee has been voide by compaq when i first got my computer serviced... LOL

(darn mid 90's computer viruses and the bad softwear i had... though the corperate softwear i got somehow worked well untill i gave the computer away formatted...)

Now does Microsoft even have Win 98 disks.... cause i was looking at HP... (owns compaq now..) and they dont sell replacement restore disks for anything under XP now....
            Last edited by figment1986; 01-22-2005, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Check your PMs.
              -Monorail Man

Comment

EBay, or a cracked copy from a friend. Good luck......
                Why you want to run 9 year old software, that was 8 years outdated when it was first released, anyway? 1986 OS's kind of suck.
                This user stole the identity of one of our moderators and created a sock puppet using her name, picture, personal information, and links. As a result, he was banned. Other Disney sites are being warned. If you suspect that a new member is (Steak) in sock-puppet form, please let the Mod team know.

Comment

Hmm... It isn't 9 years old..... it is only 7 years old... difference.. Not like i "want" crap 95.... (which crashed more often than win 98.....) oh and i almost have the solution fixed.. will work on finnishing it monday.. thanks monorail man

Comment

any of the old microsoft software will accepy any serial number from another microsoft software product... so if you klnow anyone with a similar system use their disk...

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                      Hmm... It isn't 9 years old..... it is only 7 years old... difference.. Not like i "want" crap 95.... (which crashed more often than win 98.....) oh and i almost have the solution fixed.. will work on finnishing it monday.. thanks monorail man

The Call # on the software, reads 1998,, but it was coded/seeded in 1996,, even then, it is built as an emulator to a 1984 operating system. In tech terms, you are rubbing blunt sticks for fire.......
                      I you got a PC,, go SUSE Linux,,,
                      If you got a Mac, You are set.... don't bother worrying.
                      This user stole the identity of one of our moderators and created a sock puppet using her name, picture, personal information, and links. As a result, he was banned. Other Disney sites are being warned. If you suspect that a new member is (Steak) in sock-puppet form, please let the Mod team know.

Comment

I do use linux on 2 out of 3 computers in the band room... one has to have win on it due to thats all they give the softwear for.....)

Comment

Bit Torrent

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X