Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

    I put one on lawayway for my 11 year old, now I need to know what else to get for it. I see so many skins, but what one do I need, whats a fm tuner? how do they work, what about lanyards and ear phones, what kinds do I get. Yeah your looking at some one who knows nothing about these things.
    I am also trying to get her computer up and hooked up to mine so she can do her own down loads of music from itunes. she will be thrilled at christmas time when she opens this I know. ( I want one to!!

  • #2
    Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

    Well, you don't need anything else. It comes with a plug that you can charge the IPod with via Computer. If you have to get a wall charger ask for help on that. Other wise you really don't need anything else.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

      sure you do, it does not come with a lanyard, etc. and I read where I should have a protector on it since they can get damaged if they fall.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

        I think the wording might be a bit misleading.
        You don't need anything else to operate the IPod, there are recommended and fun accessories that you can purchase as add-ons.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

          My brother has a Nano and he doesn't have all that stuff.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

            A well padded Protective case with a flip lid or velcro cover. I use one from Timbuk2. They make ones specifically for each type of Ipod and they use a nice Cordura material on the outside. A really good idea in case it may be dropped or hit.
            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

              You should get plenty of patience... the iPod Nano is very very touchy and can be a bit difficult to use for a while.

              Not only that, but costs more than its equivalence from other manufacturers that have been in the mp3 business longer -- which do come with FM tuners built in.

              Ok, so I'm just not a big fan of the iPod at all.... but at least be aware of the first fact. That's very important for most of the smaller mp3 players on the market today, as well as the new LG Chocolate phone, so this is not only an iPod problem. It's not like any other controls you've used before as they are very touch sensative. It will take a LOT of practice to get it down.
              -Tim

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

                Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                A well padded Protective case with a flip lid or velcro cover. I use one from Timbuk2. They make ones specifically for each type of Ipod and they use a nice Cordura material on the outside. A really good idea in case it may be dropped or hit.
                good idea!!


                also any one have this??
                http://images.compusmart.com/Image.a...ctureHID=18329


                does this acually allow the ipod to get radio on the accual ipod?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

                  Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                  You should get plenty of patience... the iPod Nano is very very touchy and can be a bit difficult to use for a while.

                  Not only that, but costs more than its equivalence from other manufacturers that have been in the mp3 business longer -- which do come with FM tuners built in.

                  Ok, so I'm just not a big fan of the iPod at all.... but at least be aware of the first fact. That's very important for most of the smaller mp3 players on the market today, as well as the new LG Chocolate phone, so this is not only an iPod problem. It's not like any other controls you've used before as they are very touch sensative. It will take a LOT of practice to get it down.
                  my sister has one, loves it and has never had any proplems, I am getting this for me.;



                  it has the tune for fm on it already

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

                    I just don't like the near-touchless type of controls that are on a lot of the new products.... it's just way too sensative. I usually wind up going far past the intended selections with whatever I do! I'm not the only one that's had that kind of problem.

                    Just not a very user-friendly button system, but it saves space and people are buying them anyway.

                    I normally don't have problems operating technologies...
                    -Tim

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

                      For the price I also recommend a different mp3 player. And the Nano is notorious for it's super sensitive screen. Two people I know had nano's and had a LOT of problems with them.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

                        Originally posted by Soulquarian
                        For the price I also recommend a different mp3 player. And the Nano is notorious for it's super sensitive screen. Two people I know had nano's and had a LOT of problems with them.
                        ok, for the price, what would you all sugest besides the ipod nano ?
                        and what site do you go to down load music at? I am not a napster person, I went and looked for a few oldies songs I liked, and they did not have any of them itunes did. what sites out there have awsome down loads ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

                          *cough*Limewire*cough*
                          What an idiot....

                          Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

                            I've had good experience with the Creative Zens (plus, you can get those in much bigger screens than the iPod video). They're probably some of the best iPod alternatives on the market currently.
                            -Tim

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: tell me what I need to buy for the ipod nano

                              A protective skin will be helpful most in protecting the screen from scratches. The iPod nano does come with a protective sleeve, but it is only intended to protect the screen and does not allow access. A skin that also covers the click wheel will most likely help ease up the sensitivity.

                              An FM tuner is not needed, but does allow for listening to FM radio stations.

                              I'm not quite sure what you mean by hooking up your daughter's computer to yours for music downloading purposes. If you're looking to share each other's music any means of file transfer will work. You could set up an iTunes account that has an allowance to limit download and establish some parental controls. However, iTunes will only work with iPods without the use of third party programs.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X