This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for a digital virgin

My longtime companion camera died today. I have had this camera for 12 years now (it was my highschool graduation gift) and it has been all over the world with me. I am leaving for Vegas and DL in 2 weeks and so I need to get a new camera pronto.

I am finally going to go digital! But I need some advice on what to look for.
    Any particular brand to pick? Or avoid? I can afford to spend in the $250-300 range. And it has to be relatively idiot proof as I will (of course) be a newbie.
    The sales guy at Best Buy was pushing the Nikkon Coolpix. Are there any features I should look for?

Opinions anyone?

Thanks!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Re: Advice for a digital virgin

I used this site when shopping for mine:
    http://www.dpreview.com/

On top of being a good review, it linked me to a site that had it for almost $100 less than local stores.

Comment

Re: Advice for a digital virgin

www.cnet.com

Personally, I love my Sony Cybershot DSC-W7. I also recommend www.butterflyphoto.com for purchasing. They have phenomenal prices, customer service, and package deals.

I ordered my camera and received a personal phone call to verify the order as well as suggested deals on batteries, pouches, and other accessories.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X