Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Advice for a digital virgin

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for a digital virgin

My longtime companion camera died today. I have had this camera for 12 years now (it was my highschool graduation gift) and it has been all over the world with me. I am leaving for Vegas and DL in 2 weeks and so I need to get a new camera pronto.

I am finally going to go digital! But I need some advice on what to look for.
    Any particular brand to pick? Or avoid? I can afford to spend in the $250-300 range. And it has to be relatively idiot proof as I will (of course) be a newbie.
    The sales guy at Best Buy was pushing the Nikkon Coolpix. Are there any features I should look for?

Opinions anyone?

Thanks!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Re: Advice for a digital virgin

I used this site when shopping for mine:
    http://www.dpreview.com/

On top of being a good review, it linked me to a site that had it for almost $100 less than local stores.

Comment

Re: Advice for a digital virgin

www.cnet.com

Personally, I love my Sony Cybershot DSC-W7. I also recommend www.butterflyphoto.com for purchasing. They have phenomenal prices, customer service, and package deals.

I ordered my camera and received a personal phone call to verify the order as well as suggested deals on batteries, pouches, and other accessories.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X