Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browser History problem.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Browser History problem.

    Ok I have a strange problem that begun yesterday for some odd reason, the history in my browser and all cookies are gone or have been erased. Nothing remains in my history browser. I cant figure out for the life of me what could be doing this, I havent downloaded any thing.

    I did a system restore for an earlier date and still, problem remains.

    Is it a setting, I may have accedentaly turned on? Even my passwords are gone.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

  • #2
    Re: Browser History problem.

    Have you checked your history or internet settings?

    And if your passwords were effected maybe, just pray it wasnt hacked into....
    Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Browser History problem.

      Are you using IE or something else? The settings in there will have it clear out after so long, you can check in the properties and tweak those. If the cookies are cleaned out, the passwords and everything will be gone. Mine at home was doing that and I found out it had gone back to default to only keep things for 3 days plus it was clearing everything out every time we restarted. It did that for both IE and Mozilla.

      "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
      Mark Twain




      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Browser History problem.

        Originally posted by I_luv_Disney
        Have you checked your history or internet settings?

        And if your passwords were effected maybe, just pray it wasnt hacked into....
        I have but I dont know what Im looking for... hmmmm
        Come to the dark side,
        we have cookies.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Browser History problem.

          Originally posted by All Aglow
          Are you using IE or something else? The settings in there will have it clear out after so long, you can check in the properties and tweak those. If the cookies are cleaned out, the passwords and everything will be gone. Mine at home was doing that and I found out it had gone back to default to only keep things for 3 days plus it was clearing everything out every time we restarted. It did that for both IE and Mozilla.
          this is what mine is doing. Im using IE.
          Come to the dark side,
          we have cookies.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Browser History problem.

            to check your history settings:
            on your browser go to tools, internet options and then you'll see
            the History section.

            for your internet settings (cookies)
            Tools, internet options, temporary internet files, settings,temporary internet filed folder, this allows your computer to accept or store cookie files
            Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
            Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Browser History problem.

              Originally posted by I_luv_Disney
              to check your history settings:
              on your browser go to tools, internet options and then you'll see
              the History section.

              for your internet settings (cookies)
              Tools, internet options, temporary internet files, settings,temporary internet filed folder, this allows your computer to accept or store cookie files

              everything looks normal in my settings, i wonder if i have a virus... eeeeek
              Come to the dark side,
              we have cookies.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Browser History problem.

                If you have a virus then your virus protection shoud be able to pick it up.

                If your settings look normal then you should try tech support unless you have a friend with good computer skills....
                Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Browser History problem.

                  DooDah, I do the tools, internet options and clear my history, delete cookies and temporary internet files almost daily. Perhaps your computer just needed to purge these things...they really add up over time.

                  I know my computer is slightly reconfigured every week when it does its system shutdown/cleanup.

                  Time to start memorizing passwords!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Browser History problem.

                    Originally posted by stinkerbell
                    DooDah, I do the tools, internet options and clear my history, delete cookies and temporary internet files almost daily. Perhaps your computer just needed to purge these things...they really add up over time.

                    I know my computer is slightly reconfigured every week when it does its system shutdown/cleanup.

                    Time to start memorizing passwords!
                    Now I have to memorize passwords too!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! my poor little brain.
                    Come to the dark side,
                    we have cookies.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Browser History problem.

                      Are you logged into the computer as the same user? Have you done anything lately to change how you log into the computer?

                      Each user on the computer has their own profile. All the settings you describe are stored in the profile.

                      I've seen Firefox burb and toss its entire profile before, but not IE unless your entire user profile is toast which you should get an error when the computer started up or after you logged in that your profile was corrupt.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Browser History problem.

                        Originally posted by flynnibus
                        Are you logged into the computer as the same user? Have you done anything lately to change how you log into the computer?

                        Each user on the computer has their own profile. All the settings you describe are stored in the profile.

                        I've seen Firefox burb and toss its entire profile before, but not IE unless your entire user profile is toast which you should get an error when the computer started up or after you logged in that your profile was corrupt.
                        I dont recall changing anything in my user profile, and Im not getting any errors on screen, Im looking at cookies as well and their all there. hmmmm very confusing. How can cookies remain but passwords and history expunge?
                        Come to the dark side,
                        we have cookies.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Browser History problem.

                          I still cant fix this ... crap
                          Come to the dark side,
                          we have cookies.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Browser History problem.

                            There is an option in IE to clear all personal history stuff (meant for clearing your personal stuff from a public computer) but I think that would delete cookies too.

                            That option can be found in the start menu properties. Right click on start button, click properties. Select the start menu tab, click on customize. The 'clear' button does that. This clears recent documents, history, etc.

                            Maybe you ran some sort of utility that was meant to 'clean' stuff up?

                            If you are worried about something installed on your computer, just download adaware and run that as well as spybot.

                            Adaware - www.lavasoft.com
                            http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-...bj=dl&tag=top5

                            Spybot
                            http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...ml?tag=lst-0-1

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X