X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiceAge Picture question.

Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

LOL no i just have the other problem where i have to restart or my screen saver doesnt come on..... if I dont go in my screen saver problems never happen..
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

I think he's got the page framework and headers on one server (www.miceage.com) and it loads right away, and the pictures on a different one (miceage.skyfirehosting.com) that takes a while to load - I noticed it too.

It may well be that they have the bandwidth on the homepage photo server throttled to avoid going over on transfer - they charge by the megabyte moved. Note that when you click on an article the photos come right up.

And I'll bet a big part of that is that some people set the main page as their homepage and hit it several times an hour - and every time they bring up their default homepage on their computer, MiceAge takes a bandwidth hit. Even if it's only a penny a hit, do it often enough and it adds up.

--<< Bruce >>--
      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman
        And I'll bet a big part of that is that some people set the main page as their homepage and hit it several times an hour - and every time they bring up their default homepage on their computer, MiceAge takes a bandwidth hit. Even if it's only a penny a hit, do it often enough and it adds up.

--<< Bruce >>--
        But I don't have the problem with anything else on the sight and I have plenty of bandwidth. Also the text and ads load just fine. It just puzzles the heck out of me that is all.
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach
          But I don't have the problem with anything else on the sight and I have plenty of bandwidth. Also the text and ads load just fine. It just puzzles the heck out of me that is all.
          No, No, No... :lol: The throttling isn't applied at your end, but at the server end.

You can receive them fast with a DSL or cable connection, they're probably deliberately not sending out the photo files fast. Eventually, one of the MiceAge wizards will stop by and either confirm or deny this.

--<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X