Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

I want to do you tube, any one got patience to teach me how?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to do you tube, any one got patience to teach me how?

I would love to have video of my kids, so how do I do it? I have the means to add video to my camera, but how do I put it up on you tube? I need step by step directions. if I can figure it out I am going to go and get a big memory card for my camera please, can some one help me with the directions to make this happen?

Re: I want to do you tube, any one got patience to teach me how?

I'll do my best Karla. Do you at least know up to upload your video to a file on your computer (because I can't help ya there)?

If you have the file already on your computer, I can help (gimme a sec to write up the instructions)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Okay, once you've signed up for an account (or if you already have one), on the <Home> tab, the second link over below it is labeled <My Videos>, click that.

On that page, on the left hand column, you'll see some links, followed by two buttons. The bottom one is <Upload A Video>, click that.

Fill in information on the video. Name it, give a little extra description. For example, I titled a file "Wishes - fireworks, Frontierland section". Then for description, I put "Small sample of Disneyland's 50th fireworks show, Frontierland section tributing Thunder Mountain and the shooting gallery."

Tags are how people will find your video. So you pick words people might be searching that fit your video. In this case, I put "Disneyland Micechat BTMRR mountain fireworks wishes". Then choose a category, in this case, I put "Entertainment", though I could just as easily have chosen "Travel".

Hit <continue>

Click on <browse> to locate the file in your computer. When you find the right file, click on it, and click <okay>.

Now choose how you want to "broadcast" it, public or private. In my case, I chose <public>. Now click on <upload video>. Depending on how long the video is, this may take a while.

Once it's uploaded you get to "Edit My Video"

The top section is one you already filled out. Scroll down and you can refine the information. So, for example, I fill out date recorded (since I catalog my uploads by the date uploaded, I'll use that date and fill in <May> <2> <2005>. Location: Disneyland.

The next section is called "sharing". It gives you the url of your uploaded video. This is a good time to highlight and copy that url. In this case, it gave me:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkgERB2jzeo

There is also, at the bottom, the code for embedding the video, so if you were posting it on your website or something, you might want to use that html code in your site. But let's stick with the easy stuff and just copy the url.

Now when you want to link people, just give them the url of your video!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

thank you hon, I got lost with in a few lines here :lol: my sister is coming down to help me next month . thank you so much for your patience and typing all this

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X