This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Question

Ok, I am going to start this off by professing that I am a PC user ... (you know, they say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem) Now, that being said, I have only heard rave reviews about Mac's but I really wonder about gaming? I know Mac's don't have support for a lot of games and that kind of worries me. Does anybody if the Windows for Mac thingy is stable and powerful enough to run a graphics and memory intensive game such as RCT3???

Ok ... and also, is the extra cost of Mac's worth it?
    Originally posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Virtual PC is a waste of money. It is only stable enough to support basic word processing/spread sheet type software. Stuff that is already availably on the mac platform. If you use Virtual PC to play games...you are bound to run into trouble.

You have to ask yourself what you are using your computer for, and then you will know which is better for you. I am a mac user who doesn't swear by the apple. Both Macs and PC's have their place. If you are a gamer...use a PC. If you do graphics/designs/video production/renerings get a Mac.

Comment

But I do both ... thats why I am so worried. I do a lot of video editing which just kills my PC but I also really like gaming ...
      this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

If you are a gamer, get a Playstation or an XBox. For everything else (including surfing the net and running Microsoft Office), use a Mac.

Windows is absolute dreck.

P.S. If you do a lot of video editing you should be on a Mac.

Comment

you could just do both- that's what I did- one of each
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

I use a PC at home and a Mac at work. I prefer the Mac 1000%.

I agree with what Adventurer said. Get a gaming system for video games and use a mac for everything else.

Final Cut Pro will be your new best friend.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
              I use a PC at home and a Mac at work. I prefer the Mac 1000%.

I agree with what Adventurer said. Get a gaming system for video games and use a mac for everything else.

Final Cut Pro will be your new best friend.
              CO can hardly wait to get the FCP5 production suite upgrade!!!! more exciting that May 5th!
              "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

ok ... thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X