This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Zune!

So I bought this baby tonight and I absolute love it. It's a little hefty, but I think I will get used to it. The screen size alone is worth getting it over the iPod, and the menu system is really easy to understand.

The connectivity of the thing is what is really neat though. I've already shared files with my friends and what-not. Of course you can connect it directly to the Xbox 360 (meaning I don't have to store tunes on the 360 HDD!).

Has anyone else bought one of these things? The Zune program is pretty cool as well. $14.99 for unlimited downloads! Yeah there is a small catch, but for $15/month I can literally own thousands of songs, where-as to own each and every CD would cost a lot more than that. If anyone else has bought one I would love to hear what you think.
    Class of 2005...

Re: Microsoft Zune!

I really want to like the Zune (I'm a Microsoft fanboy after all), but so far, I can't:
    • Doesn't connect to WMP11. Instead, uses Zune Marketplace (a skinned WMP11 with stripped features).
    • WiFi is pointless. Share songs for what? 3 plays/days? Makes no sense to me. At least allow WiFi sync.
    • My Creative Zen Portable Media Center does the same thing (excluding WiFi).

In order for the Zune 2.0 to sell well, it needs to bring something fresh to the table.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

hmm... I wonder will the next gen iPod copy the improved Zune...

that would be a nice iPod

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
        I really want to like the Zune (I'm a Microsoft fanboy after all), but so far, I can't:
        • Doesn't connect to WMP11. Instead, uses Zune Marketplace (a skinned WMP11 with stripped features).
        • WiFi is pointless. Share songs for what? 3 plays/days? Makes no sense to me. At least allow WiFi sync.
        • My Creative Zen Portable Media Center does the same thing (excluding WiFi).
        In order for the Zune 2.0 to sell well, it needs to bring something fresh to the table.
        I don't own one, but someone said if the song is moved the the root folder it won't be delted. Is this true?

Comment

the way it allows sharing today totally kills it.

The unlimited downloads thing is nothing new and is available on all wma players that support 'subscription services' which is most current devices.. even my little $50 dollar sandisk I bought for my 8yr old.

Comment

Fry's had a 30 GB Zen for $89. It would have worked with MP11 and that would make me happy.

iTunes makes me sad.
            Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
              iTunes makes me sad.
              iTunes is the ultimate in resource hog. I don't know how many times I would load that thing and my computer would slow to a crawl. Couldn't ever get anything done. The Zune program is no different though, but its a lot easier to use in my opinion.
              Class of 2005...

Comment

I heard the Zune had some problems and bugs, as always I wait for at least the 2nd Generation to even think about buying it
                Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

The next iPod will set a new standard so Microsoft can copy it. Bill Gates and the evil empire will never get my cash.
                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Well, maybe with the next gen iPod, Apple could design an easier to use program. iTunes blows and its the only thing holding my iPod back.
                    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I'll stick with my Creative Nomad Zen Xtra for now.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        I'll stick with my Creative Nomad Zen Xtra for now.
                        Ok, tell me about that one. Fry's has refurbished models for $89.
                        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X