Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Cingular help!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cingular help!

I am the queen of not paying for stuff. I was just the extra line on my sister's Verizon cell acount, but that phone broke, and she's not ready to renew her contract to add another phone. So my FIL has offered to add me onto his plan cingular plan, he said "Just let me know what you need."

I bought a phone off ebay, but it doesn't have SIM card. Where do I get one, and how much is it?
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Re: Cingular help!

you need to take the SIM card out of your broken phone and put it in the phone you bought off ebay if i'm not mistaken
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Call or visit a Cingular kiosk at a mall (or store) and give them the make and model of your new phone, if the SIM card in your old phone doesn't transer over.

If your dad is adding you to his plan, they should sync it for you and get you started, even if you didn't buy the phone through them.

Cingular finally linked their customer service to their kiosks/stores, so you can do it all in one spot.

Comment

Yes, put your old sim card in your new phone.

Comment

I wasn't aware Verizon was using GSM sim cards like those used by Cingular and t-mobile.

You will need all of your dad's account info for you to be added to his account. Easier for him to add the line and deliver the correct card to you when the account is activated. Or go together to the store/kiosk.

Comment

Verizon uses CDMA which doesn't use SIM cards. Cingular uses GSM which does. Just go into any Cingular store and they will give you one for free. I know, I work there.
            -Jack :geek:
            Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

I see you are in Port Hueneme - while it isn't Podunk Iowa, it isn't Downtown LA either, and there are some areas up there in the canyons with dead zones. And it varies between carriers, depending on whether they put in microcells to cover those areas.

Before you have Dad sign up for that second number for a one or two year commitment, make sure you get decent coverage everywhere you plan to use the phone. Drive around to the places you usually talk from on Verizon with a Cingular phone, and do a "Can you hear me now?" test.

There is a very good reason I use Verizon. You get up in the canyons and there are too many areas where another contractor is standing there cursing at the "NO SIGNAL" dead phone in their hand :rant: - and I'm standing next to them making a phone call. :thumbup: Try Pallisades Highlands for openers.

Oh, and having a functional pull-out antenna on the phone helps a LOT - I would not buy a phone with an internal antenna <coughNokiacough> because they simply don't work as well.

I have the phone to make calls, not a fashion statement. LG VX2000 - Big, Old, Beat-Up, Ugly... Works Great.

--<< Bruce >>--
              There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                Verizon uses CDMA which doesn't use SIM cards. Cingular uses GSM which does. Just go into any Cingular store and they will give you one for free. I know, I work there.

Yeah this is correct!

But adding another line to an account, wouldn't it have been better to get a phone with the "new line discount" from cingular than a used on off of ebay? Given that you can insure a phone bought from Cingular (which I LOVE, my work cell is Verizon, its garbage in some areas! My Cingular works EVERYWHERE!)
                Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

My husband is using a Cingular which works great around here, I've got a SIM card on the way, thanks everyone for your help.
                  I bought the phone on ebay because I wanted the SLVR... I've had cheap ugly no feature phones...now I want a fun one!
                  I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Comment

the LG cu500 is great too, i'm getting better reception with it than my slvr and razr...I was the first one in LA to get it back in July, 3g is now slowing come to LA I hear, its available in San Diego...

congrats!
                    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Jack works for Cingular in one of their stores. I actually work in Customer Care. So if there are any other questions anyone has, feel free to send me a PM. I will answer it to the best of my knowledge. Because it seems that the one that was asked in this thread, was already answered well enough.

Comment

I work for Cingular in technical support and there is a couple of reason why I would advise you NOT to buy a phone from ebay. First of all, if the phone was not purchased through Cingular it will have to be "unlocked". This means you will have to request an unlock code, which can take a few days to receive via e-mail. Once it is unlocked you might not be able to access alot of the features that are usually preprogrammed into the devices, such as the internet or multimedia messaging. Although MOST of the time we can program these phones to be used with our system there is the occasional device that will not work no matter what settings we adjust or change. If you plan on using this phone for just making/receiving calls then by all means go ahead and get it. But if you plan on using it to send pictures, get ringtones and other data related services you might want to keep in mind what I mentioned.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X