Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Digital Camera Suggestions

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camera Suggestions

I am looking to buy a new digital camera in the next month or so.

I'm not a professional by any stretch and so I don't need anything super fancy. Basically looking to take pictures of my adorable 9 month old nephew and pics at Disneyland.

Looking for somethign around 5 or 6 MP range.

I have a Fuji now and have really been happy with it.

But would welcome comments from anyone who has had experience with their cameras
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Re: Digital Camera Suggestions

#1 Top Suggestion

Buy and read:

Digital Photography The Missing Manual.

BEFORE you decide on a camera. It is the most layman friendly technical manual I think I've ever read. When you finish the first two chapters you will know what kind of camera you want.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Another suggestion is the Take Control of Buying a Digital Camera ebook.

I have read several ebooks by the "Take Control" team and they were prteey good.

You can download a sample chapter, or just buy the book for $7.00 and download to your computer. Or you can buy the print book.

http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/buyi...9.ex27bu5xx1w@

What kind of camera you want all depends on use. If it is mainly for snapshots you may want just a nice point-and-shoot (like one of the Canon Powershot series) or if you want a more advanced camera look at a Digital SLR or the like.

IHTH

CU@DL

Andy
      -
      What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Canon, any of the Powershot digital elphs are EXCELLANT!!! User friendly, great shutter, greeat compontants
        Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

We have a Canon 20D Digital SLR, you can get a Canon Digital Rebel for a (relative) good price. Not a big fan of the 'Point and Shoot' style camera's. The Rebel offers the flexability to be more creative, but the simplicity of aa point and shoot

Comment

I had a Casio Exilim ( i think thats what it was called) and its so easy to use. Its small and takes great pictures!
            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far. I am leaning to one of the Fujifilms, either the 20 or 30
              ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
                I had a Casio Exilim ( i think thats what it was called) and its so easy to use. Its small and takes great pictures!
                That's the same camera I have! I love it. It's small enough I can take it with me all the time. I just bought a new memory card for it so now I can take 400-and some pictures. The battery gives out before I fill up that much space but charging it is easy.
                **hugs**
                -kerry
                I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

We went from a 5 mp to a 7.2 mp and the picture quality is like night and day. We have a Sony cybershot, and I love it!

Comment

I'm hoping Santa brings me the Kodak V603 6.1MP camera I've had on my eye on for the last several months. And I want the red one 'cos it's different.

Comment

Just checking in again to see if any other suggestions are pending.

so far I've expanding my search slightly. Looking at Fujifilm and Canon, both of which seem to be superb.

Of course as always happens with me, I keep inching up my budget LOL

Comment

I've had bad experiences with Canon and Olympus digital cameras. I currently use a Kodak EasyShare Z740. It's 5 mp and takes excellent pictures. My only gripe is it goes through batteries like crazy.

Solution: keep plenty of rechargeable batteries on hand.

Other than that, excellent camera.
                        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
                          Just checking in again to see if any other suggestions are pending.

so far I've expanding my search slightly. Looking at Fujifilm and Canon, both of which seem to be superb.

Of course as always happens with me, I keep inching up my budget LOL

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Something you may want to do, is to go to a store like Best Buy or Circuit City or something and actually handle the camera to see which feels the best to you for controls, control positon and camera size. Ease of use for you, in your hands can make quite a difference.

IHTH

Merry Christmas,

CU@DL

Andy
                          -
                          What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Indeed I am planning a visit to Best Buy but figured that can wait till the 27th or later, after the holiday nuts <G>

Comment

Hmm, would you care to expand on that, what kind of bad experiences ?

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
                              I've had bad experiences with Canon and Olympus digital cameras. I currently use a Kodak EasyShare Z740. It's 5 mp and takes excellent pictures. My only gripe is it goes through batteries like crazy.

Solution: keep plenty of rechargeable batteries on hand.

Other than that, excellent camera.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X