This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMP11 iPod users: review of Dopsip

I just installed and used Dopisp to sync music from Windows Media Player 11 to my 5gen Pod.

At first the iPod didn't appear in the device list, so I reformatted the iPod to windows format and then reconnected. The iPod appeared as a device I could sync to from the library so I was all set.

I found that everything one would expect to transfer transfered well. MP3 music files and play lists transfered quickly and completely. Nothing else will. No WMA, no DRM-protected files. Photos looked like they would transfer, but they did not show up under the photos menus. (They are not hiding on the device so they did not transfer at all.)

Album art is also missing. The song ratings did transfer, however.

So, unless I missed something, this tool is excellent for shuffle and Nano users who don't want or need photos and album art on their iPods. If you have a 4 or 5g iPod and want to see movies or photos and album art, you will have to learn to work with iTunes or another tool that supports images and quick-time format video files.

I hope this helps somebody.

Re: WMP11 iPod users: review of Dopsip

Thanks for trying! I really appreciate your effort in getting me to shut up! In the long run, it may still be worth it for me to try this out, since I'm not getting artwork as it is and I'm not carrying photos.

Would I be able to convert my library out of wma and into mp3 to make batter use of it?

As of now, I keep identical library's in MP11 and iTunes, so I think I have roughly 20GB clogged up right now. I would love to clear the space out.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
      Would I be able to convert my library out of wma and into mp3 to make batter use of it?
      I would have everything in MP3 as long as I'm trying to play both sides of the fence. I doubt you'll be able to hear any difference in most situations unless you're using high-end noise-canceling headphones iTunes or WMP can convert for you. (why not use wmp to burn into MP3 directly from now on...)

Good luck.

Comment

I HATE WMP! Some reason just don't get along with it I hate the wma and the complicated ways of going into different 'tabs' or functions...blah
        Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Weird, I'm looking at it and all i see is my library. When I click on the rip, burn or sync tab, all that happens is a box opens for me to drag the artwork into. then I push the rip, burn or sync tab and it does it.
          Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X