This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dell Laptop

I am pleased to report my new Dell E1505 laptop showed up today.

A pile of work and a bad headache have prevented me from really checking it out but the inital impression is excellent video.

But what I was really impressed with was the turnaround.

I ordered the machine at 5pm on the 27th of December. Of course I couldn't just take the basic model, I had to customize.

So the initial order said it would take a week or so to build, and then ship.

I got it today, which means they processed order, built machine and delivered it in a week which included a holiday weekend.

I will give a overview of the machine itself once I have time to get it all set up and working.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Re: New Dell Laptop

THey were fast with my order too.

Comment

Congratulations! I have the 1405 and I love it.

Comment

I have 5 Dells lol AND I LOVE THEM ALL!!!! I have the 710m laptop! ITS SO GREAT! They never have let me down, except of course that one thing with all the companys, 'tech support in India'...i hate outsourcing
        Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

I have a Dell desktop at work and I like it pretty well. Friend of mine has a Dell laptop that he uses for travel and he likes it a lot.

Comment

I am going to be setting up the new machine this weekend and promise a full report, but I've been very happy with my Dell laptop and desktops.
            ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

Ok to be fair, I gotta chime in when there are problems as well as the good things.

Went to load stuff on the laptop and started having issues with Internet Explorer. After tryign to resolve it myself I called tech support.

The tech guy was very nice and certainly knew what he was talking about.

However we determined that my Windows image was corrupted, so they are sending me a new XP CD and I will have to reformat the hard drive and restart everything.

But in their defense, that was a MS problem, not a Dell one.

Comment

Oh, wow! that does not sound good. You should receive the CD in 1 and at the most two days. Dells tech support is very good. Let me know if you run into problems I might be able to help.

Comment

Thanks DF, but its not that bad of a problem. Every once in a while they run into a bad CD I suppose.

I kind of like the idea of restarting anyway, I can skip some of the software I wouldn't use anyway.

Overall I still give the machine good marks from a hardware standpoint, I will review the software side once I get stuff reloaded.

and I will call if I need help

Comment

Ok another update and I hate to say another ding on Dell.

I still have not gotten my Windows CD's, and when I contacted tech support yesterday I found out the order was never processed, so now I have to wait for a new order to be processed.

I am still pretty happy with Dell products, the laptop seems to be in perfect condition from a hardware standpoint.

But the tech support does seem to be slipping, either that or the people in order processing/shipping.

Comment

I purchase about 3-4 dell machines per quarter for the office. Every single time they come in, the first thing I do is format the hard drive and install a clean copy of windows. I do not like all the crud they install that always leads to problems in my book.
                      -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                      Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
                      .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

Well actually I do kind of like having an excuse to reload a new version of Windows.

And to be fair, the tech support guys have been very helpful, the current one is going to e-mail me a shipping number and make sure it ships.

Now if they wanted to give me a free upgrade to a full version of Office 2003......

But overall I am pleased will Dell, just not very pleased yet LOL

Comment

I bet it was just a slip up that they made the first time.

Comment

Ok, an update.

I got the Windows CD and it was a very easy install. I needed a minor bit of help from Tech support to re-install the drivers but it took just a little while.

So they basically resolved the problem with minimal difficulty.

But there is one small issue outstanding. My order came with a trial version of Office but they don't include the re-install CD. They are supposed to ship me one, so that should solve everything.

All in all I still like Dell. The hardware has been perfect and they resolved the software issue was resolved quickly.

Customer support has dipped a bit however, but overall still a good company

Comment

They are an excellent company. I'm very surprised at the slip up.

I always get email confirmations and a couple times i've had someone from Dell call me to follow up within 24 hours to make sure everything was alright, then 2 weeks after that to make sure im still good. Now thats customer service!!!
                              Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X