This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good video-editing software?

What's a good program to get? I'm looking into getting a camcorder for the purpose of making some short films therefore I'm gonna need a good program to edit the film and splice it up and add or delete sound from. Just to let you know, I have a PC laptop.

Re: Good video-editing software?

I prefer Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. Irs fun, easy and simple.
    Last edited by barfownz; 02-07-2007, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I used to use Windows Movie Maker...i only Chroma key on it now
      Its expensive, but Adobe Primeire is excellent
      My bud Hilsbro uses Magix and Sony Vegas, and according to him both are great

Comment

Abobe Preimiere, if you want something fancy. Pinnacle Studio if you looking for something simple (but nicer than Windows movie maker)

Comment

For about $100 (sometimes less) you can get Pinnacle Studio. It has a lot of really great features and is pretty easy to use. A word of warning, though, about video editing: Make sure your computer is equipped with a high speed processor, higher end video card, and a LOT of available disk space, otherwise you'll get really frustrated when you try to edit.
          I've always had good luck with Studio, especially for the price.
          All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
          And kindergarten.
          :yea:

Comment

I think I'll go with Pinnacle Studio because I'm gonna be better off with something easy to use but with good features.

Comment

If you're looking to do this professionally at some point, cut to the chase and get:

For the PC - Avid Xpress
              For the MAC - Final Cut Pro

Since you're in school, you should be able to get the education versions of the programs which are much cheaper.

Learning either one of those is really good on a resume.
              disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                I think I'll go with Pinnacle Studio because I'm gonna be better off with something easy to use but with good features.
                Get the Pinnacle pro unless you don't want advertisments popping up in your videos every 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post
                  If you're looking to do this professionally at some point, cut to the chase and get:

For the PC - Avid Xpress
                  For the MAC - Final Cut Pro

Since you're in school, you should be able to get the education versions of the programs which are much cheaper.

Learning either one of those is really good on a resume.
                  How easy is it to use Avid Xpress? I'm not too good with technology, I can learn, but I've had bad experiences with programs that were way beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                    How easy is it to use Avid Xpress? I'm not too good with technology, I can learn, but I've had bad experiences with programs that were way beyond me.
                    Honestly, it's pretty heinous and takes awhile to learn. But, it's commonly used in the professional industry, so it'd be a good one to learn, especially if you want to do this as a job some day. (I'm assuming - because you've mentioned you want to be a director?)
                    disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post
                      Honestly, it's pretty heinous and takes awhile to learn. But, it's commonly used in the professional industry, so it'd be a good one to learn, especially if you want to do this as a job some day. (I'm assuming - because you've mentioned you want to be a director?)
                      Yeah I guess I can invest in it and learn it now since my summer will be devoted to a couple short films.

Comment

If you go to http://www.avid.com/freedv/index.asp , you can download Avid Free DV editing software for, as the name implies, FREE! Avid can be a little hard to learn, but get a book describing how to use it, and it gets alot easier. And like was said earlier, it is the industry standard.

You can't beat the price, it is good software, and you don't have to go looking for it in a store!
                        sigpic

Comment

Here are a couple of video's that I put together with Pinnacle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qq0hlriG-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDiXtvuZOfk

Comment

Awesome vids.

Comment

If you don't have a Mac, and are stuck with a PC running Windows, Avid FreeDV is the best way to go, if you want to pay nothing. Yes it's FREE, as in FREE BEER!

http://www.avid.com/freedv/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X