This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPOD Shuffle? Any info?

Wife and I were thinking for the past couple weeks about getting each other one of these for Mothers Day/Fathers Day.

Does anyone have any info on these iPod Shuffle's that could be beneficial to our potential future purchase?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: iPOD Shuffle? Any info?

What kind of info are you looking for?

The device itself is pretty straight forward. The bulk of your questions would probably be around using iTunes if you are not familiar already with it.

CNet's review is kind of interesting:

The good: The competitively priced iPod Shuffle has a dead-simple user interface with satisfying tactile controls, and its integrated belt clip provides a handy way to keep track of the player. The Shuffle is available in five, metallic colors, and the package includes a cute little syncing cradle.

The bad: The iPod Shuffle has no screen, so there's no way to navigate easily among artists, albums, or playlists. And it only offers so-so sound quality. The player might be too small for some users, and nonstandard USB syncing takes away from its plug-and-go appeal.

The bottom line: If you like your music playback simple and your device nearly invisible, the second-generation iPod Shuffle will suit you well. But absentminded users should steer clear of this easy-to-misplace player.

Comment

First, I LOVE my Ipod. I take it everywhere I go, and has replaced my CD player in my car. No more leaving CDs in the car to give someone an incentive to break in, the Ipod fits nicely in my pocket.

Second, I would get the biggest size Ipod you feel comfortable spending the money on. I got the biggest available at the time (40gig) and that thing is filled. I need another big one to get the rest of my music on it.

If size matters, get a nano. They are small, and have a screen, a big advantage over the shuffle. With the shuffle, that is all it does, shuffles the songs. With any other Ipod you can make multiple playlists and access them when you want. For example, on my Ipod I have: Movie soundtracks, comedy, classical, Disneyland (of course!) and one called Main, which houses every song I own that is not in the other playlists.

Finally, whatever model you get, get better headphones! The ones that come with the Ipods stink.

Good luck, and feel free to PM if you have anymore questions.

Comment

Personally, I think you should get a bigger iPod. I listen to a lot of Disney Podcasts, and some have videos of attractions, as well as other special events.

You'll be glad you did.

Comment

I would say that if you can afford it, I would get an iPod Nano. If you need more information on the Shuffle, you can go here. If you would like to learn more about the Nano, you can go here.

My husband has a Shuffle that he only uses at the gym. He tried using the clip part, but he was afraid of it falling off. He wears pocket tees while working out so he has a place to stash the Shuffle safely. He is bothered by the fact that since he can only listen to the songs on shuffle or on one playlist, there are songs that he doesn't get to listen to very often because they don't cycle through all the time.
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I third it, get a ipod nano if anything. I love mine!!!
            I am looking to get a 40 gig this fall, but my ipod nano has given me so much freedom! I want the bogger one to put books on it an d maybe some shows.

Comment

I have a 30 gig, my husband has the Shuffle -- if you don't mind your music shuffling (I personally, like to use specific playlists depending on my mood), then the shuffle should do. I like to have multiple playlists, listen to specific albums and having the screen (dont know why, I just do!) My husband loves his shuffle -- if you like to run/exercise -- it's perfect for clamping on your sleeve (much better than hauling along a full size ipod) -- the only thing that we've run into so far is that there aren't a whole lot of car radio transmitters for it just yet...

Comment

That was my main reason for getting a Shuffle - because I could use it at the gym and it would clip on to a tank top easily -

Thank you all for your advice and information. This will help me make a more informed purchase!

Comment

I agree, the nano would be the best option price wise. I'm not big on random music playing.

Comment

My husband uses his new shuffle everyday at the gym. They hold about 250 songs and he regularly gets 10-12 hours of playtime before needing a re-charge.

My 12 year old also has one, and my 9 year old just got the orange one this morning for her birthday.

The clips are sturdy. I love the new shuffles--we think they're great! More capacity, lots of battery life, and you can shuffle or do a playlist. We have dozens of playlists now, and we enjoy making them.

I have a 30 gb video that I hardly use at all. I think if I had a shuffle though, I'd use it all the time instead of worrying all the time about recharging the stupid thing.

Comment

I think it goes to show.. the shuffle is (as its intended) a niche application. Its usually someone's 2nd or 3rd ipod.

My wife has the stick of gum one.. and its perfect for her needs. She wants music at the gym.. period. She doesn't need video.. she doesn't need 30gigs.. she doesn't care what she's listening to because its her music. If she doesn't like the song.. she hits next

The battery life is what is cool.. and the old one was super easy to charge. Unfortunatly the new one you need to keep the cable adaptor around.

One thing I would ask yourself is.. Do you want a FM radio? If you do (say to listen to the TV at the gym) you may want to consider some of the other brands. There are plenty of small 1gig players under $100 that offer more features then the ipod.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian View Post
                        I agree, the nano would be the best option price wise. I'm not big on random music playing.
                        price wise would be the 30gig, 50 bucks more than a nano, and 22gb more memory!!!
                        Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

If you just want something that will play your music at the gym and you dont care about multiple playlists and what not then the shuffle is the way to go. I have one and I love it. I mainly just have my workout songs on there and it works great for that purpose.
                          Out of the NIGHT....
                          When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
                          Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
                          ---------------------------------------

Comment

I got frenchy a shuffle. she clips it on and uses it at the gym...i think she loves it, i hope!

She was able to load it up with more than enough songs for a workout, doens't need it for anything else!

Is nice!
                            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Apple currently has refrub silver shuffles for $49 instead of the new price of $79. They come with the same warranty as the new ones. Availability changes constantly, tonight they have silver ones available.

To get to the refurb section, choose Apple Store from the Apple main site. You will find a large red SAVE sales tag half way down on the right side.

Lu

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                              raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X