This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with Explorer 7?

I browse with Firefox, but I want to take advantage of Netflix's new Watch Now feature, which for some moronic reason only works with Explorer. So, I grit my teeth and downloaded it, installed it and discovered that for some reason it displays the ugliest, blurriest pics and video ever. I have no idea why, but images that show up fine on Firefox turn out pixelated and crappy in Explorer. I've monkeyed around with the tools, messed with settings, and cursed Microsoft and Bill Gates with every expletive known to humankind, but to no avail. Any ideas? Text shows up fine, and the menu bars are crystal clear; it just for some reason hates pics and video. I'm running Windows XP on my laptop, if that's any help.

Re: Anyone familiar with Explorer 7?

I got netflix I will try watch something and tell you
    :crazylegs

Comment

ok so i installed the player you had to to watch movies.

it works fine looked at the office season 2 with no issues at all

Comment

http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowMessage?msg=52
        how speed and it works

Comment

Thanks for the ideas Crazy Legs. My connection is as fast as needed, I restarted the system multiple times, re-installed IE7 and restarted again; still nothing. I think it's a Microsoft thing. I'm betting that 7 is only optimal on Vista, as a way of pushing people to upgrade. Dorks. The video comes out okay, but not as good as it should. I guess I'll just have to wait until the Netflix people get around to supporting a real browser.

Thanks a bunch though!

Comment

No prob my 7 worked fine with it I did there plug in thing had to install then it worked

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
              Thanks for the ideas Crazy Legs. My connection is as fast as needed, I restarted the system multiple times, re-installed IE7 and restarted again; still nothing. I think it's a Microsoft thing. I'm betting that 7 is only optimal on Vista, as a way of pushing people to upgrade. Dorks. The video comes out okay, but not as good as it should. I guess I'll just have to wait until the Netflix people get around to supporting a real browser.

Thanks a bunch though!
              IE7 was released before Vista came out so IE is for XP too.

and I think you do need a plug-in, or the program (WMP or Quicktime) needs updating.

Comment

Are there perhaps settings or preferences that can be changed on the Netflix site itself? Perhaps you're being streamed a slower bandwidth version of the clip and you need to tell it to give you a better (faster) one?

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                  Are there perhaps settings or preferences that can be changed on the Netflix site itself? Perhaps you're being streamed a slower bandwidth version of the clip and you need to tell it to give you a better (faster) one?

no they wont let you

Comment

It isn't solely Netflix either. For some reason, any image on any site is blurry and distorted. I have MiceChat up in Firefox and Explorer right now and it looks crisp and clear in Firefox and blurry and distorted in Explorer. It's the weirdest thing.

Comment

how how odd

Comment

hi crazy legs if you hav a mac u may have issues i did

Comment

no mac here

Comment

I use both IE 7 and Firefox. I run XP Media Center Edition on my PC and I've never had any problems with picture or video quality with either browser. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
                              I browse with Firefox, but I want to take advantage of Netflix's new Watch Now feature, which for some moronic reason only works with Explorer. So, I grit my teeth and downloaded it, installed it and discovered that for some reason it displays the ugliest, blurriest pics and video ever. I have no idea why, but images that show up fine on Firefox turn out pixelated and crappy in Explorer. I've monkeyed around with the tools, messed with settings, and cursed Microsoft and Bill Gates with every expletive known to humankind, but to no avail. Any ideas? Text shows up fine, and the menu bars are crystal clear; it just for some reason hates pics and video. I'm running Windows XP on my laptop, if that's any help.
                              IE by default auto-resizes photos to fit within your current window size. Disable this, and images will not be resized and show as the original images size.

Internet Options -> Advanced Tab -> Multimedia -> 'enable automatic image resizing'

Uncheck that.. and you'll be fine.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X