This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringtones

How can I put free ringtones on my phone. Like say I have an mp3 on my computer that I want as a ringtone, how would I go about doing that? My brother usually did them, but he no longer lives at home.

Someone gave me a site but I don't know if it's any good or not. http://www.myxertones.com/default/

Thanks for the help!!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: Ringtones

Depends on the phone. Check out Bitpim for CDMA (Verizon, et al) phones. It can be used to transfer files between your computer and phone.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
      Depends on the phone. Check out Bitpim for CDMA (Verizon, et al) phones. It can be used to transfer files between your computer and phone.
      Thanks, but it doesn't support my phone. sch-a850.
      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Wow Audrey, that phone is crappy. It appears to support MP3 playback, but there's no way to get MP3s onto the phone. No Bluetooth. No IRDA. Not even a data cable.

I suppose you could surf the wireless web to an MP3 you want and download it, but you'd have to have a data plan enabled. And even then depending on how Verizon (?) has the phone locked down, that might not work.

They really want you to pay for those ringtones, don't they?
        Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

My brother had cut the mp3 and then used some program and a cord to get them onto the phone. I kept asking him how, but he would never teach me, plus the program was always a trial version.

Comment

All I did was download the ringtone, use the phone/ USB connector, I just drag and drop the file in the respective folder on my phone.

Comment

I used a site, I don't remember what one uploaded the MP3, they text'd me a link, I went to the link and dl'd it. But it was pretty soft, not loud enough to use
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I use the rumkin uploader it should work for almost every provider now.
                http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/
                Open the blast doors, open the blast doors!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X