This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod battery life

I've recently switched from carrying the 30GB to the 4GB. The thing I've noticed is that the battery life on the Nano is MUCH better than the battery life on the video when playing music. I would kill half the battery on the video in the course of an eight hour day, but the Nano only goes through about 20% of the bar.

Has anybody else noticed this?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Re: iPod battery life

Isn't the nano a flash based memory instead of an actual hard-drive? If it is, I would assume that less moving parts = less battery usage. Older generation Ipods are also not very good with battery life. I just replaced my third gen battery last week (VERY easy to do!) because the battery was not holding a charge anymore. The original battery was good for 6 hours or so, this one has been around 10-12.

Comment

battery is the sole reason I bought this new classic... claiming 30hrs of life.. w00

justjohn.. you don't state the age of the different units.. that's a big portion of it, nor the ipod generation. They have really up'd the battery life (for audio) on the later gens
      Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
      Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
      Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

5th gen video and 2nd gen Nano. The video is actually a bit younger than the Nano since it was a warranty replacement.
        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I'm a tad Jealous still grooving to my G3 20gig ipod.... but it still works
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

this will inspire old ipod owners..

I left my ipod on last night in my car when I drove home.. at about 4pm... when I went to goto work today at 6am... the ipod was still playing..and still had about 20% battery I don't know when the last time I charged it was

This is an ipod classic
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

iPod battery life depends on a few conditions. Generation of the ipod, flash or Hard Drive, does it play video or just music and pics and what you are doing on it.

As i am sure we all know, when you play video it eats up more battery life than when you play music or view pics. Plus ipod batteries have a certain number of power cycles that affect its recharge rate and how long it can hold a charge.

What will be nice is mid to late next year when apple will ship some ipods with a extended life battery. These guys will only need to be charge once or twice a month depending on what you are doing on it.
              "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X