• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avastluckyman
    replied
    Re: Calling All Computer Techs! Building a PC

Originally posted by sgtpeper View Post

As long as you don't put Vista on it you'll be fine.
    rofl yep. sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• Joe User 99
    replied

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
    Will I notice a major Difference if I get the Extreme or Quad Core? It'll be mainly for gaming...
    Yes there will be a difference. Check out the CPU charts at Toms Hardware:
    (It'll be different based on different hardware, but not much. For example, they are using a P35 chipset MB.)

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_20...=872&chart=419

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Not a big gamer - can't answer...

Leave a comment:

• Zeus
    replied

Anybody?

Leave a comment:

• Zeus
    replied

Another Question....What's the difference with the Intel Processors..

Will I notice a large difference with computer gaming with a different type of processor?

There is the Intel Core 2 Duo
    than the Intel Core 2 Quad
    than the Intel Core 2 Extreme

I was thinking about getting a Intel Core 2 Duo

Will I notice a major Difference if I get the Extreme or Quad Core? It'll be mainly for gaming...

Leave a comment:

• FrumiousBoojum
    replied

I might disagree with overkill on the ram...

Even if you're doing small video editing, doing that plus gaming -- you'll probably want more RAM.

I'm going to be probably building a computer at some point. Getting it little by little. Preferably a non-Windows system. Or multiple OSes if I can swing it.

Either that or just get everything from a Mac store.

Leave a comment:

• sgtpeper
    replied

I agree with the above poster the MB has been know have certain issues but you should be fine. A bit of overkill (IMHO) on the Ram, but that is your choice and i'd probably do the same thing. Check your prices against newegg, pcmall and tiger direct. I just bought an 500GB 7200 IDE internal HD for my wife's machine at newegg and found it was a few bucks cheaper through tiger direct and they were offering free 2nd day shipping. So shop around.

As long as you don't put Vista on it you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Zeus
    replied

What else would be good with SLI and compatable w my other hardware? Yea, looking at newegg the evga had the best reviews w/ the least amount of issues but I would love more input!

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

The MB is known to have issues...

But otherwise - not too shabby.

Leave a comment:

• Zeus
    started a topic Calling All Computer Techs! Building a PC

Calling All Computer Techs! Building a PC

Okay so I'm not a computer tech or wiz, my friend builds computers for a living and told me to compile everything I will be putting in it and he will help me build it up and show me a thing or two....So here it is, this is what I plan on building...My main purpose will be for gaming / business and small video editing...so Here it is...

I was curious if this was all compatible with one another and would work well....I've read a lot about each product, but I do understand some products / brands work better together / not together, etc..so if anybody has any input please let me know!

Here is what I will be putting into the PC:

MOBO: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6850 - Retail

HARD-DRIVE: Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

MEMORY: OCZ 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P8004GK - Retail

VIDEO CARD: EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

POWER SUPPLY: OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply - Retail

All together this PC will be running me right below $1,500 Which isn't to shabby for the memory, quality, and speed going into it...

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X