Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Testing the camera(s) on the iPhoneX at Disneyland.

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Lee View Post
    Nice pics, but my 4 year old Galaxy S5 has equal megapixels and shoots equally as good plus has 4K video and I bought it new old stock off eBay for $160.
    Regardless of megapixel count, the lenses and image processor on any recent iPhone (or any other recent, mid-high end smart phone) is markedly superior to the one on the old Galaxy S5. As such, I guaranty that the best pictures you can get with those phones is noticeably better than the best picture you can get from a GS5. Of course, how well a picture comes out is mostly about the photographer knowing the tool they are working with and how to get the best possible picture out of it.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

These are some great pics!

(I should take more pics at Disneyland, but the iPhone's rounded edges make it harder to hold in landscape mode - especially for my big hands and I always worry that I'm going to drop my phone. I wish that they would go back to a flat-sided design like the iPhone 4/4s and 5/5s had, but keep the bigger screen.)
      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

Regardless of megapixel count, the lenses and image processor on any recent iPhone (or any other recent, mid-high end smart phone) is markedly superior to the one on the old Galaxy S5. As such, I guaranty that the best pictures you can get with those phones is noticeably better than the best picture you can get from a GS5. Of course, how well a picture comes out is mostly about the photographer knowing the tool they are working with and how to get the best possible picture out of it.
        All of my indoor and outdoor shots look as good or better than anything a new smart phone can shoot, as long as it's locked in focus, and composed correctly there's virtually no difference. Sorry.

Comment

All of my indoor and outdoor shots look as good or better than anything a new smart phone can shoot, as long as it's locked in focus, and composed correctly there's virtually no difference. Sorry.
          The newer phone cameras can handle low-light and high exposure situations, color correction, shadows, motion artifacts, etc. much better than a five year old camera can. Again, the lens arrangements are better, there are multiple lenses to select from, based on the situation, the sensors are greatly improved, as is the image processing software. You're not just disagreeing with me, but also with a lot of photography experts.
          Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

The newer phone cameras can handle low-light and high exposure situations, color correction, shadows, motion artifacts, etc. much better than a five year old camera can. Again, the lens arrangements are better, there are multiple lenses to select from, based on the situation, the sensors are greatly improved, as is the image processing software. You're not just disagreeing with me, but also with a lot of photography experts.
            I have compared the images side by side and there's no difference. I make half of my living doing photography, and can make equal images in quality from almost any modern smart phone camera. The same goes with for example a Canon t1 all the way to the T7i rebel series, 95% has to do with the photographer. This is a proven fact.

BTW--The Galaxy S5 is only 3 years old..not 5.

Comment

I have compared the images side by side and there's no difference. I make half of my living doing photography, and can make equal images in quality from almost any modern smart phone camera. The same goes with for example a Canon t1 all the way to the T7i rebel series...
              Agree to disagree, then. I do know professional photographers that now use their smartphone camera much more, in cases where they would never have dreamed of doing so with smart phone cameras a few years ago. Maybe we can agree that the newer phone cameras make it easier to get a better picture quickly? Or maybe that the newer phones can take better pictures in certain conditions, like low-light, since they have greater aperture?

95% has to do with the photographer. This is a proven fact.
              I 100% agree with you, here. I said the same, myself, earlier: "Of course, how well a picture comes out is mostly about the photographer knowing the tool they are working with and how to get the best possible picture out of it."

BTW--The Galaxy S5 is only 3 years old..not 5.
              I stand corrected.
              Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

I do know professional photographers that now use their smartphone camera much more, in cases where they would never have dreamed of doing so with smart phone cameras a few years ago.
                If I was on a professional shoot, I wouldn't dare pull out my smart phone no matter how awesome it was and start snapping photos of a model or subject. As they say in Disneyland it would be "bad show". DSLR cameras are not even a good comparison to a smart phone camera, it's like having a bicycle run a race again a turbo porsche.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X