Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Designs for Airliner Seats

This is related to Disneyland, how?
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Really interesting. It's a safe bet that this kind of attempt to re-think the airline business for a post-Covid world is going on at every theme park company -- Disney especially. How social distancing can be maintained in the tight space of a theme park ride vehicle, and still turn a profit, boggles the mind. But the more that is learned about Covid-19, the more it becomes apparent that business-as-usual will not be possible for theme parks for many years, and that a radical re-thinking will be necessary.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Many years? I thought 1 year max. Viruses mutate too. They become something else, or die off. That's why the flu is different every year.
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

^ Sorry, but no. The experts are saying that COVID-19 is a game-changer. It is becoming increasingly apparent that in its effects on the body and its ability to spread by stealth, it is not comparable to the flu. It appears that the world is in the first inning of a 9-inning game -- one which could go into overtime.
          Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-24-2020, 01:33 PM.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
            Many years? I thought 1 year max. Viruses mutate too. They become something else, or die off. That's why the flu is different every year.
            I agree with you on 1 year. My opinion, the airlines will not change anything. I don't try to manipulate people's opinions here, just state my own. I don't believe the experts. The experts were the ones who said the number of people getting this "Virus' and the death amount were supposed to be way higher.

What I don't understand is the craziness of something that has such a low rate of people getting it and everyone going into hysteria about it.

Just my opinion.
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
              This is related to Disneyland, how?
              They do correlate. Airline seating is in tight, confined spaces in close proximity to others. Just like the seating in the attractions at Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

They do correlate. Airline seating is in tight, confined spaces in close proximity to others. Just like the seating in the attractions at Disneyland.
                No, they don't. Airlines business & plane regulations do not apply to a theme park that's on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

No, they don't. Airlines business & plane regulations do not apply to a theme park that's on the ground.
                  Both have lots of groups of people packed into in confined spaces breathing on each other. The streching room in the Haunted Mansion, GOTG, Finding Nemo, Star Tours. Some of those are much more crowded than a Boeing 737 so, yes they do. I don't care about regulations. I'm talking strickly about places where people are in extremely close proximity to one another within a confined space and theme park attractions and commercial planes both fit the bill to a T.
                  Last edited by tarheelalum; 04-25-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Both have lots of groups of people packed into in confined spaces breathing on each other. The starching room in the Haunted Mansion, GOTG, Finding Nemo, Star Tours. Some of those are much more crowded than a Boeing 737 so, yes they do. I don't care about regulations. I'm talking stickily about places where people are in extremely close proximity to one another within a confined space and theme park attractions and commercial planes both fit the bill to a T.
                    Well......I also hate
                    confined space nor matter what , with others
                    specially when another person is in there seat and MY as well !
                    which has happen to me to many times .......
                    Last edited by Eagleman; 04-24-2020, 09:15 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The airline thing is a waste of time .... if their ventilation systems are RECYCLING the same air everyone has already breathed .... putting plexiglass dividers won’t make any difference! At least in a theme park ride... fresh air is constantly present.
                      MY SIGNATURE:
                      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Both have lots of groups of people packed into in confined spaces breathing on each other. The streching room in the Haunted Mansion, GOTG, Finding Nemo, Star Tours. Some of those are much more crowded than a Boeing 737 so, yes they do. I don't care about regulations. I'm talking strickly about places where people are in extremely close proximity to one another within a confined space and theme park atteactions and commercial planes both fit the bill to a T.
                        Bingo. Add to that list the Monorail. And multi-passenger ride vehicles (Pirates, Small World, Indy, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Splash Mountain), where everyone except the first row is in the slipstream of those who sit in front of them. Other theme parks face the same issues -- along with theaters, sports stadiums, music concerts, passenger trains and buses.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

I don’t get the backwards middle seat thing, how is that safer for virus spreading? The person can sneeze right in your face like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyKrayzie View Post
                            I don’t get the backwards middle seat thing, how is that safer for virus spreading? The person can sneeze right in your face like that.
                            The illustration shows the middle seat with a plastic wall around it. Which still doesn't address the issue of everybody breathing the same recycled air. And forget coughs and sneezes, COVID-19 can spread on aerosols that are emitted by simply speaking.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

The correlation between the airlines and disney is it's how you get there. Not everyone lives within driving distance to DLR or WDW. Masks are and will be the new fad. I wouldn't be surprised if they both started handing them out. And just to point out, I've been on 2 disney cruises. Both times I came home with norovirus. Oh the funny tan lines were all about to get!
                              My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

The shape of things to come for airlines... and for theme park employees and customers:

JetBlue will require passengers to wear masks, other airlines will provide them for travelers amid coronavirus

Airlines stepped up policies Monday to ensure passengers and employees wear face masks on board amid concerns about the spread of coronavirus.

Starting May 4, all JetBlue Airways passengers will be required to wear a face covering, the strictest policy so far in the U.S. and one that follows the New York-based airline’s requirement that flight attendants wear a mask or face covering while on duty.

“Wearing a face covering isn’t about protecting yourself, it’s about protecting those around you,” said JetBlue’s President Joanna Geraghty. “This is the new flying etiquette.”

American Airlines and Delta Air Lines earlier Monday said they will require thousands of employees to wear face masks and provide masks for passengers.

Airline labor unions have repeatedly demanded stronger protections against coronavirus. While air travel in the U.S. is down some 95% from a year ago because of the virus and stay-at-home orders around the world, flight crews have raised concerns about catching the virus on the job and have sought federally mandated procedures.

American said next month it will start handing out face masks and sanitizing wipes for passengers and require that its roughly 30,000 mainline and regional flight attendants wear masks while on duty.

Fort Worth, Texas-based American is also going to step up cleaning procedures to disinfect areas including tray tables, seat belt buckles, window shares and seat-back screens, galleys, jump seats and surfaces in the cockpit....

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                - Bob Chapek

Comment

After these changes and the likely consolidation in the industry after all of the financial pain, it is going to be very expensive to travel anywhere on a plane in the United States. Looks like I'll be driving to my next vacation, whenever that might be.

Comment

After these changes and the likely consolidation in the industry after all of the financial pain, it is going to be very expensive to travel anywhere on a plane in the United States. Looks like I'll be driving to my next vacation, whenever that might be.
                                    Tourism around the world is predicated on cheaper air travel. It might change in the short term but long term it will most likely go back to what it always was. The lack of customers may even override possible cost increases short term. Flights to Hawaii from where I am in the summer are 1/3-1/2 their usual price right now.

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post
                                      Tourism around the world is predicated on cheaper air travel. It might change in the short term but long term it will most likely go back to what it always was. The lack of customers may even override possible cost increases short term. Flights to Hawaii from where I am in the summer are 1/3-1/2 their usual price right now.
                                      True -- and there's an additional factor in the reduction in price of tickets to Hawaii:

COVID-19: Mandatory 14-Day Quarantine for all Arriving Passengers

STATEWIDE ORDER BY GOVERNOR DAVID IGE: YOU MUST SELF-QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS IF YOU ARRIVED IN HAWAII AFTER MARCH 26, 2020

Mandatory 14-Day Quarantine For All Passengers Arriving Through May 31

All individuals, both residents and visitors, arriving or returning to the State of Hawaii are subject to a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine. The mandate applies to all arrivals at state airports, including private and commercial aircrafts. Click here for the order and here for the second supplemental proclamation.

This means:

Do not use shared facilities such as pools, spas, gyms, restaurants, or bars
                                      Ask someone to drop off food and other necessities at your front door or order room service
                                      Do not go to public places such as work, school, shopping centers, childcare, or local attractions
                                      Do not let visitors in—only people who usually live with you should be in your home

And they're serious about it:

Honolulu police arrest 91 in connection with coronavirus emergency violations

Couple arrested for violating 14-day quarantine emergency order in Kauai

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

I've heard the local Hawaiians are not to keen on tourist these days.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X