This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good laptop?

Hey mice chat. i posted about laptops a while back but now im getitng serious and actually close to buying.

I was looking at bestbuy and of course saw the cheapest one tere and looked at the specs. seemed to be the same as one thats over $1200 and this one is $599.95.

Its an Acer Aspire AS3680-2354 with a 14.1" screen - Intel Celeron M 520.
    1.60GHz. has a webcam, mic, speakers, Wi-Fi, and all the basics.
    In the link below it has all the specs

one downside.. VISTA.
    I'll take XP pro off my desktop and put my extra copy of home on it, and put the pro on the laptop.

this is just for everyday vmk/msn and micechat oh and for watching movies and listening to music

Im a tech guy and stuff but just wanna see what you guys think about this and acer's laptops thx

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...on=&langid=EN#
    Last edited by avastluckyman; 11-25-2007, 10:50 AM.

Re: A good laptop?

I thought you were getting a free laptop from a friend of a friend?

Comment

I played with vista yesterday and it wasn't that bad. It seemed a bit slow, but not that bad...

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
        I played with vista yesterday and it wasn't that bad. It seemed a bit slow, but not that bad...
        yeah i like the features but u cant do some little simple things that u get use to on xp over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
          I thought you were getting a free laptop from a friend of a friend?
          not anymore. if i do then ill.. hmm - hold a draw for ppl to win it O_O

Comment

Vista isn't as bad as some people claim. It was just released before it was really ready for the public. But from what I've heard, early next year, Microsoft is releasing a patch/service pack thing that will fix a lot of the bugs people have been complaining about. Pretty much like how they did with XP when they finally released SP2.

Comment

A good laptop? Pffft hands down, MacBook. Even though they cost a fortane. Well I like them because I'm really into graphic designing, photography, and making movies :croll:

Comment

Originally posted by iitsxme View Post
                A good laptop? Pffft hands down, MacBook. Even though they cost a fortane. Well I like them because I'm really into graphic designing, photography, and making movies :croll:
                Wow - that's exactly what I do without any problems using (GASP!) a PC...

I guess it's not the machine, it's the person using it.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                  Wow - that's exactly what I do without any problems using (GASP!) a PC...

I guess it's not the machine, it's the person using it.
                  yeah, I use a PC to do that stuff as well. I have never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by iitsxme View Post

my goal is macbook but well see how the money goes

Comment

Good Luck! :cgrin:

Comment

I really want a Macbook Pro, but until I either win the lotto or knock off a bank, the Acer laptop the BF got me for my birthday this year will get me by.... or I couls always try to swipe the BF's Powerbook. :evil:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X