This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case you have not heard...

I have recently been noticing monorailman's avatar then got on another forum and saw that Microsoft's project longhorn has officially been named Window's Vista...

Anyone excided??

Anyone wondering what they are going to actually include in it.. since they already dropped a few thigns from project longhorn acording to the magazine i read while waiting to take off...

anyone want to bet monorail man will beta test it.. LOL

woops gotta go :mob:

Re: In case you have not heard...

Originally posted by figment1986
    Too late.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

I am excited. It is time for another step. And I REALLY hope they do something great with the UI.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
        I have recently been noticing monorailman's avatar then got on another forum and saw that Microsoft's project longhorn has officially been named Window's Vista...

Anyone excided??

Anyone wondering what they are going to actually include in it.. since they already dropped a few thigns from project longhorn acording to the magazine i read while waiting to take off...

woops gotta go :mob:
        Saying they have dropped a few things is like saying some money was dropped from the TL '98 budget. It started out as a transition half-hearted from XP to Blackcomb, and now it's ending up as a what Blackcomb was supposed to be, a ground breaking new OS, even though it isn't and was never supposed to be. It's sad....

For more information, I, as always, recomend the GREAT wikipedia at www.en.wikipedia.org/Windows_Vista
        ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

The BETA version comes out today.

What will they include in it? Bugs.

Comment

Bugs? Heck, it's my primary operating system now. (My only complaint is the fact that many of the icons are XP leftovers. Suprizing complete for a beta. Can't wait to see what Beta 2 is like in the holidays!)

Note that this is pre-release software, and any features shown are, you guessed it, seasonal, and subject to change without notice.
            -Monorail Man

Comment

Ah, yes, but can it run my games?

I'd be willing to try the beta if my games remain operational. Gotta have my Battlefield fix!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man
                My only complaint is the fact that many of the icons are XP leftovers.
                Can you put the interface back into "classic mode"?
                Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man
                  Bugs? Heck, it's my primary operating system now. (My only complaint is the fact that many of the icons are XP leftovers. Suprizing complete for a beta. Can't wait to see what Beta 2 is like in the holidays!)

Note that this is pre-release software, and any features shown are, you guessed it, seasonal, and subject to change without notice.

OooooooOOooOooo ..... is it weird that that turns me on??? :geek:
                  Originally posted by drunkmom
                  this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

is it me.. or does it make me want to tourture my dad's IT person for a copy...

Looks good.. You official.... or just got a good friend..

Comment

Looks good. Can you change the colors or is black just "in"?

Comment

well.. he did say it was based on XP.... somewhat.... so i guess you can choose a theme?? (I would choose silver... as it is sleek.. better than evil black.. LOL)

Darn.. My dad wont be home for a week... It will be forever untill i can find a way to get this.. (a little early..)

Comment

Monorail Man has yet to tell me if it runs any games as well as XP....
                          sigpic

Comment

It's Aero (black) or Windows Classic.

Plus I'm offically testing. There's so much we can release. Then there's the stuff we can't. :!$#%:
                            -Monorail Man

Comment

So PM us then! :evil:
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X