Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprint Phone Trouble

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sprint Phone Trouble

    I have a Samsung A900m phone, and for the past couple of months i'v had to toggle the power cord a little bit every night or else it just wouldn't charge my phone. The cord has to stay a certain way or else nothing happens. I bought a new charger, and it does the exact same thing. I don't think I have the insurance on my phone, so what are my options here? I just got the phone last April, and obviously want the cheapest route possible.
    Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

    I just had that happen to me, I also had a Samsung, the problem wasn't the cords, it's the jack you hook up the charger too.

    Sprint does offer a repair service at their stores, you need to either look on the website or call them. That's probably your cheapest plan at this time, otherwise you will have to get a new phone and I'm sure you don't want to do that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

      My Verizon Samsung a couple years ago had a charging problem just like the problem your haviing!
      Har har har

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

        Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
        I just had that happen to me, I also had a Samsung, the problem wasn't the cords, it's the jack you hook up the charger too.

        Sprint does offer a repair service at their stores, you need to either look on the website or call them. That's probably your cheapest plan at this time, otherwise you will have to get a new phone and I'm sure you don't want to do that.
        Originally posted by garbear View Post
        My Verizon Samsung a couple years ago had a charging problem just like the problem your haviing!
        I'm glad i'm not alone, i'm going to go to the sprint store tomorrow, i *hope* the repair isn't expensive (doubtful), i'v treated this phone nicely, don't think i'v dropped it.
        Thanks for the advice!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

          I would definitely check to see if you have insurance. If you are not the account holder/bill payer, make sure whoever that is, is with you. I have found, at several different Sprint stores, that they either A) treat you like crap or B) won't do anything helpful if you're not the one paying.
          Last edited by lazyboy97O; 01-04-2008, 05:13 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

            Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
            I would definitely check to see if you have insurance. If you are not the account holder/bill payer, make sure whoever that is, is with you. I have found, at several different Sprint stores, that they either A) treat you like crap or B) won't do anything helpful if you're not the one paying.
            Ooh, thanks. I was going to just go to it by myself, but I should prolly bring my dad.
            I really hope it isn' expensive though because I am in fact paying for the repair.
            Thanks for all the help!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

              Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
              I would definitely check to see if you have insurance. If you are not the account holder/bill payer, make sure whoever that is, is with you. I have found, at several different Sprint stores, that they either A) treat you like crap or B) won't do anything helpful if you're not the one paying.
              Even if you are paying the bill they treat you like crap.

              My boyfriend and I combined our plans together in a family plan but they put his name first. They wouldn't even talk to me even though I'm the one that pays the bills in the house. Finally took him calling and going through all the stupid security questions for them to allow me to speak to them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

                Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                Even if you are paying the bill they treat you like crap.

                My boyfriend and I combined our plans together in a family plan but they put his name first. They wouldn't even talk to me even though I'm the one that pays the bills in the house. Finally took him calling and going through all the stupid security questions for them to allow me to speak to them.
                I'm not surprised, at some stores the service is great, and others, its incredible (in a bad way).
                Unfortunately according to their website one that I have not had great experiences in is the closest store to me with equipment repair, im going in just a bit, wish me luck!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

                  The charging port on many phones is the first thing to go bad, and yes if your not the main account holder, don't waste you time. Who ever's SS number is on the account has to be the one dealing with the phone company.

                  As to the horrible treatment you receive at the phone store, remember that the reps there work strictly on commision are are under a lot of pressure to turn door swings into sales. Like it or not they cannot be bothered with issues that don't earn them commisions (most phone companies have service phone numbers to handle these issues quicky) they are not service techs, they are sales reps.... I don't excuse the behaviour, I used to work on commision so I understand the need to maximize my time by not wasting time on people that cost me money instead of making me money. I hated it so I work an hourly wage job now instead (and make a lot less money BTW).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

                    Well i went into the store today, and the guy just took a needle nose plyer out of the drawer, moved a little wire, gave me a new charger and i was on my way. He just handed me a new charger from behind the counter, asked for my number (i'm sure i'll be charged on this months bill), but this was the best service i'v ever gotten with sprint, problem solved.
                    Thanks everyone!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sprint Phone Trouble

                      Hope it lasts.

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X