This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberry Pearl vs. RAZR V3

I am interested in getting one of these phones. Just wondering which one! Too many choices these days...

Anyway, I'm a 17 (almost 18) year old guy bound for a tech college soon who doesn't make too many calls or texts. I don't *need* e-mail but I can use it if it is available to me.
    Portability is somewhat important to me and I don't want to be talking in to something the size of a shoe box.
    I could use internet as well. Service will be AT&T.

I'd like to know which phone you would recommend.
    Thanks!
    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Re: Blackberry Pearl vs. RAZR V3

I would say get an iPhone. I had a razr and it was ok but since I got my iPhone I can say it is one of the best devices I have ever owned. I'm on tmobile btw ;-)

Comment

As much as I'd like one, my dad will never get me one. I have asked for one but he says that it has too many bugs and is one of the worst phones on the market. This is contrary to what I hear of it of course. I know a couple of people who own it and they love it as well and I have heard so much good of it on the web. But he is in the know about these things for various reasons so I trust him as well. However, I will get my self a next generation iPhone once it is on the market.
      sigpic

Comment

Bummer,
        If I were you, I would steer clear of the razr. If you're going to a tech school, you will love having email with you more and more. Pearl sounds like a better choice.

Comment

Get a Blackberry Curve! I absolutely LOVE mine!

And AT&T has a deal right now on the red Curve... $99!

Comment

Thanks.

I'd like to get the BB but it looks like my dad wants to order the RAZR for me instead. Oh well, at least I have the new iPhone to look forward too.

Is there a a fairly expensive additional charge for internet use?
            Last edited by WDW Monorail; 01-27-2008, 04:37 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

The razr is a boring phone with nothing going for it.

It has crap battery life... the keypad is more looks then function.. has a miserable camera... and there really is no reason to buy one.

There is no comparison if a blackberry is the other choice...

Comment

I would not recommend the razr.
                I've had my fair share of phones. It has the worst battery life of the 8 phones I have had. Anything Motorola is bad.

Go with the blackjack!

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                  I am interested in getting one of these phones. Just wondering which one! Too many choices these days...

Anyway, I'm a 17 (almost 18) year old guy bound for a tech college soon who doesn't make too many calls or texts. I don't *need* e-mail but I can use it if it is available to me.
                  Portability is somewhat important to me and I don't want to be talking in to something the size of a shoe box.
                  I could use internet as well. Service will be AT&T.

I'd like to know which phone you would recommend.
                  Thanks!

I would say the Black Jack II

But I guess it depends on you, I say go for the Blackberry, I am not a fan of the keyboard.
                  Har har har

Comment

As someone who works with these phones everyday and hears lots of customer complaints, here's my .02:

As much as I'd like one, my dad will never get me one. I have asked for one but he says that it has too many bugs and is one of the worst phones on the market. This is contrary to what I hear of it of course. I know a couple of people who own it and they love it as well and I have heard so much good of it on the web. But he is in the know about these things for various reasons so I trust him as well. However, I will get my self a next generation iPhone once it is on the market.
                    Reasons why the iPhone isn't the worst phone on the market:
                    1) In just 200 days, Apple has gained 19% of the entire U.S. Smartphone market, the only company beating Apple is RIM (Blackberry), and they're gaining
                    2) The iPhone is by far the EASIEST phone on the market to use.
                    3) Lowest Data plan.
                    4) Full HTML browser, emails, etc.

Seriously, with the exception of MMS, the iPhone is my favorite phone. What's stupid, is when people say that they're going to wait for the next generation of the iPhone so the "kinks" will get worked out. The next generation phone will be a brand new device, meaning it'll have its OWN set of problems...

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    Get a Blackberry Curve! I absolutely LOVE mine!

And AT&T has a deal right now on the red Curve... $99!
                    Costs twice as much for internet, no full HTML internet or email, lackluster media player... Great business phone though.

Thanks.

I'd like to get the BB but it looks like my dad wants to order the RAZR for me instead. Oh well, at least I have the new iPhone to look forward too.

Is there a a fairly expensive additional charge for internet use?
                    Internet starts at $30, text messages are more. The Razr is a piece of crap. If I had a dollar for every customer who had a problem with a razr...

Seriously, just google razr reviews.

Comment

I had the Verizon Razr, and I had ZERO! Problems, none at all!

and yes I drop my phone alot!
                      Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                        I had the Verizon Razr, and I had ZERO! Problems, none at all!

and yes I drop my phone alot!
                        My wifey-poo does as well... no problems, and she's happy with it.

It isn't a Curve or an iPhone though - not even close.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                          My wifey-poo does as well... no problems, and she's happy with it.

It isn't a Curve or an iPhone though - not even close.

Of course the RAZR'S features can never compare! I have moved on from a razr, haha, but when I look back I heard so many horror stories, and I didn't see how my phone lived threw all the abuse! When it was time for a new phone, my razr had a dent in the Battery Cover, and scratches on the edges, but NEVER did the have any problems with functions.
                          Har har har

Comment

My friend finally broke his ORIGINAL razr (the one you paid $400 for to be the cool kid on the block).. broke on the hinge.

The battery life is pathetic.. be prepared to charge your phone daily or every other day.

Apple always make small improvements per generations... its not as much about 'kinks' as improvements to the assumptions they made originally in a vacuum. Plus, many apple 1st gen products are so radical that mechanical things that don't hold up in customer use become apparent. For instance.. cases on the laptops flexing too much, etc. They sort it out eventually or drop the ideas that just don't give the needed durability.

And Soul.. while the iPhone may have cheaper data plan.. it also comes with the forced commitment AND paying way more out of pocket. The beauty is skin deep on that deal.

RIM has started to show they want to be in the consumer market - not just enterprise... so I expect the next few phones to get even better.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                              I'd really like to get the BB but if I do, I can not have an additional data charge. Is it still worth it even with out data?
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X