This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Bag Recommendations?

Hey guys. I'm looking for a carrying case or bag for my laptop. Something that look good, is smaller and lightweight (to take on airplanes so it can't be too big and bulky.) and not to pricey ($30ish max?).

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Re: Laptop Bag Recommendations?

You could get a neoprene sleeve, they're less than $30, for your laptop and use any existing bag you have to carry it. I have a laptop bag but I usually end up doing this and throw the laptop in my big purse.

Comment

I got a bag last summer at Target that's great. It doesn't even look like a laptop bag. More like a ladies briefcase or totebag. It's black with leather (probably fake leather) trim & handles. It came with a padded sleeve too and the main tote has a bunch of pockets inside. It was like $25 or so.

Comment

Wal-mart has quite a selection of bags for fairly cheap. http://www.walmart.com/search/browse...atNavId=444253
        :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
        Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

My husband got a backpack laptop carrier - it's swiss army I think. I'm pretty sure he got it at Sam's Club.
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

i got a great deal on a Targus on amazon.com

check it out (click on the link from the micechat front page
            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

I purchased a Jansport Airlift laptop backpack about 5 years ago. I still use it as my media bag. It has survived several trips to Disneyland, a Caribbean Cruise, and several field photo shoots.

It holds my laptop (in a padded, velcro strapped laptop section) with mouse and chip reader, the bag containing my Rebel xti with additional lenses, mini-DV cam, and all the assorted batteries, tapes, and chips necessary - all with room to spare. With laptop alone it lays pretty flat.

They don't make this particular model anymore, but there is a wide range of styles available. The only photo of it I have is of the super gel-padded shoulder straps side, sitting on the dock in Miami, with my camera bag poking out the top...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

^^^^^ those are tight!
                Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Go to Ross or Marshall's or some store like that and check out their luggage section. They'll have a few selections and they'll be cheap.
                  Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

I've got one of the Targus backpacks... for me, much better to use than something like the briefcase style. But, sometimes a bit hard to find the good backpacks for $30 or less.
                    -Tim

Comment

I really DON'T need a backpack,as I already have agreat one. I just need something for my laptop. I just need something THIN for when I have my laptop AND backpack, when I'm carrying my laptop.

Thanks for th suggestions. I decided this is what I'm going to ask for for my birthday, so I'll try to find some online to send to my parents! lol
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

Hope you get exactly what you want!!
                        :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                        Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

I would go with a basic Tagus Bag they are good about replacing them if/when they wear out (basic lifetime guarantee) , check best buy, and the local office supply stores to find one you like. If possible take your laptop and accessories in a bag with you to make sure they all fit, I have seen quite a few people buy one only to complain later they have to pack their accessories in another bag.

If you want something really nice and wan to go over the 30$ limit (by at least $100) I would recommend looking at Levenger they carry some superb leather laptop bags and accessories that are worth the price.
                          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I like Timbuk2 bags. They're pretty much bombproof and weathertight.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/laptop/

--nick--
                            Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Well guys... I DID end up with a Targus lol Even though I have a perfectly fine backpack, my dad was willing to buy me a laptop one for my birthday! Yay! It's sop pretty and has lots of compartments LOL

Thanks for the help!!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget