This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras

So, I'm thinking of investing in a lipstick camera and a nice-sized pocket digital recorder for it this year (sadly not in time for my trip this July).

I wondered if anyone has a lipstick camera and if they've taken it to the parks. I know that Rob Alvey over on Theme Park Review takes his to DLR and has no problems, but let's face it... he is Rob Alvey.

If you have done so, any problems with taking it on rides or anything?

Camera: http://www.jonescam.tv/catalog/produ...products_id=35

Recorder: http://www.jonescam.tv/catalog/produ...products_id=93

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Re: Cameras

^Well you have to remember even with the lipstick camera you still won't be getting the kind of videos he does. Since he's always in talks with the parks, most of his videos have that camera mounted to the car via half a roll of masking tape...I doubt Disney would let you do the same.

If you're trying to take steadier videos, you're better off getting more of a hefty camera...it'll help the balance more than a small/pocket camera.

Comment

Yeah, wasn't expecting to be allowed to duct tape my camera to things.

However head mounts do help as I can hold my head much more still than my arms when they are up and out. I'd rather not take a heftier camera on things like Screamin'. I also do a lot of mountain biking and skiing, whitewater rafting, etc.. and so it's not just for Disneyland.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

You also need 12 volt power supply and a Recorde with that lipstick Cameras

Do you have a video input on your video camera?
        AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
        Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
        Older photo
        New Photo

Member of
        MiceChat WDW Trip
        Next trip
        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

The recorder (link in OP above) has a 12V Li-Ion battery and the camera cable is a standard BNC with additional power supply capabilities. So plugging that into the portable dvr will power the camera.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X