Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the original berry stand still exist at Knotts?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Does the original berry stand still exist at Knotts?

Anyone Know?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Does the original berry stand still exist at Knotts?

Not in the park, no. I'm pretty sure of that. I thought I had heard somewhere that it was dismantled and in storage somewhere, but I'm not 100% on that.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

It's possible that it's in storage. It isn't in the park any longer
      Mike

Comment

No, it and the Inspiration Church were destroyed when Silver Bullet was built. The last of the Boysen Berry vines where planted along the Round House wall
        Originally posted by lazyboy97O
        How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
        Originally posted by steamboatpete
        Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger Rick View Post
          No, it and the Inspiration Church were destroyed when Silver Bullet was built. The last of the Boysen Berry vines where planted along the Round House wall
          This is what is known as "forgetting where you came from"...
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Yes, it was a very sad day. They did move the other church across Beach. Most of it is not original, but I doubt you can tell.
            Originally posted by lazyboy97O
            How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
            Originally posted by steamboatpete
            Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

The berry stand is no more and the church of reflections is across the street behind the picnic areas.

Comment

Only the windows on the church are original. The building was destroyed and rebuilt. Cedar Fair has no interest in the history of the park, only how to make money from it.

From what I've seen at recent visits, the new GM Raffi cares even less even though he worked there for 30 years. I've seen original building disappear, the wooden walkways in Ghost town are being replaced with concrete, and the park has top 40 music playing park wide now. Nothing like walking through the old west with Please don't stop the music and Rasberry Beret blasting in your ears. Also the giant chicken is gone never to return in front of Chicken Dinner Restraunt.

The park does look a lot cleaner and things are getting repainted but we'll see how long that lasts. Once Raffi has made his impression, it'll be business as usual.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X