X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Knotts Scary Farm crowds?

Hi everyone

It's been a while since my last Knotts Scary Farm trip and had a question regarding the crowds. I know it tends to be more crowded Friday and Saturday nights... and the more closer it is to Halloween.

We are going this Saturday (Sept 28th). It's the 3rd day in its run. Does anyone know how the crowds will be based on past experience?

Thanks for any information!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Re: Knotts Scary Farm crowds?

Hi!

The first weekend is always the least crowded, so you should be fine.

I've been going the first Friday of Haunt for the past six years and the longest I've ever had to wait for a maze was about 15 minutes. Hope you have fun! :yea:

Comment

Thanks so much! I forgot to mention we are doing the buffet and early entry. I'm not sure if that helps any?

Comment

You should be OK. The buffet is planned out before opening, and you get early entry so that is another plus. As FearMeLoveMe said, the first weekend is the best/less crowded. Are you going with the MC Vip Haunt event?

Comment

No, we aren't with the event this time...

Comment

i think crowds should be okay. the crowds wont get crowded until after at least three weeks of opening of knotts scary. the first two weeks should be decent. thats what i am guessing.

Comment

Lines will always be the least crowded on opening day especially if it's a Friday and even less crowded on a Thursday. For the past 6 years of attending Knotts Haunt, I would have to say that the longest I ever waited for a maze was maybe 15 min max.

I do have to say that one new maze this year will definitely have one of the longest wait in history.

That maze is Mirror Mirror. The lines look short, but it took forever to get in because they are only allowing a few people in at a time. The concept of the maze is that you have to find your way out of a room full of mirrors. Here's a video for those who wants to see what it is like:

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
              http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

How long did it take you to go thru it?

Comment

The crowds right now on the weekends are INSANE. Friday and Saturday nights - if you don't have a Fright Lane pass, you're going to get in MAYBE 3-4 mazes, tops. Personally, the Fright Lane Pass was extremely worth it, albeit really expensive. If you don't get a pass for one of these nights, you just have to go into it knowing that you're going to spend a majority of your night waiting around in line. Fright Lane passes are great and lead you straight to the front of the line, given that there really aren't too many people who buy them (so, I regretfully see why they are so expensive... to keep the experience a literal line cutter).

Otherwise, I recommend going on a Thursday night...

If you get a Fright Lane pass, I really recommend opting out of the special key rooms and going directly into the maze. The Key Rooms are the only reason that you wait in any sort of a line to get into mazes, because they can only let in six people at a time. The Key Rooms, in my party's opinion, were SUPER cheesy and not worth the small amount of wait. I guess I went into the rooms thinking that I would be terrified, but in actuality - they turned out to be little stories that weren't frightening at all. Being told as we were getting our laminates that they were allowed to touch us and stuff spiders into our shirts if they wanted to was the scariest part of the whole "key room" experience.

SPOILER EXAMPLE:

Spoiler
                  Before you enter the Houdini Black Magic maze, a group of six is brought into a room with a circle table in it. A fortune teller lady tells you to sit down and that we were going to summon Harry Houdini's spirit. We held each other's hands and stared at the glowing crystal in the middle of the room. The table started to shake and an angry Houdini voice said he didn't want to be summoned and that we were in trouble, so the fortune teller lady ran out of the room and then we went directly into the main maze.

These key rooms could potentially be fun for smaller kids coming to the park (they're more narrative than.... scary), but if you just want some screams and some general maze fun, just tell the staff member at the front of the Fright Lane that you want to opt out.

Comment

Huh. I was there just this last Friday, and it wasn't too bad. The only maze that was insane was Mirror, Mirror, two hour wait times, so we skipped that one. We got into everything else, though, and saw the Elvira show at 12:30, then we left. Most wait times were around half an hour, some were less, especially earlier in the evening.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

We went on Thursday the 3rd. The line to mirror mirror was over an hour so we skipped it. We did not even notice the key rooms, lol. Everything else was just walk up and in. We did a few mazes twice and watched Elvira and Possessed. It was great! Thank you for the spoiler ,nice to know what we missed. We did do Dark Harbor on Friday, and so glad we got the fast pass for it. Our home in Nevada is for sale and we are moving to the Portland Oregon Area, so this could be our last trip to the Knott's Haunt. So glad the Knott's Hotel offered a day in the park for such a reasonable add-on price to the package deals. It was a super great time!

Comment

Lines were pretty bad last night, exact reason I always say I don't like going on Friday...but it was the day that worked best for our whole group. We still managed to do everything, we were just leaving our last maze when the closing announcement broadcast.

Comment

My friend and I decided to go on Halloween again this year. We went last year and there were no lines at all. The only downside is that there are way fewer monsters as many of them have quit by then, and the ones that are there aren't quite as enthusiastic as they might have been on opening night, but it's still fun, and the final Hanging is usually really funny. There's also a monster parade (march?) at midnight which makes for some really awesome pictures.
                          Disneyland Cast Member
                          Outdoor Vending
                          1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

I went on Saturday the 26th and we managed to get through 5 mazes from Rope Drop until about 8:05pm. We then took a time out for my friend to propose, and were back in action around 9:15. Pinocchio Unstrung took us 30 minutes to get from the end of the line to the building entrance. After that we hit up Slaughter House which was maybe 10-15 minutes tops. Our friends were ready to leave after Slaughter House, so we did 7 mazes total and left around 11:40pm.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X