This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Knott's announces 3 new rides for Camp Snoopy

Can't say that these have me excited. A) my kids are too old and B) look and feel like dressed up carnival rides, similar to a couple of the new rides added to the Boardwalk recently. But I do appreciate the fact that they are doing something.

https://www.knotts.com/blog-article/...ew-Attractions

Get a sneak peak of the revitalized area with an all new preview sketch,
    Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram
    are now available online for just six easy payments of $14.00.

Re: Knott's announces 3 new rides for Camp Snoopy

As rides go, they're not too exciting, but the description and concept art give me the impression that the themeing will be an improvement over what they are replacing ... and anything Knott's does to improve theme is good. Also, I get the impression that it's not just three new rides, but a refurbishment of all of Camp Snoopy to improve that area's theme and beauty.

My family got 2014 passes to Knotts, and I'm looking forward to seeing the changes in Camp Snoopy, the new & improved Calico Mine Train, and Kirk Wall and the Hillbillies.

Comment

We had passes last year but opted not to get them again in 2014 and instead decided to go back to Disney after a year break. Just didn't enjoy Knott's the way I used. Happy they are making some changes, especially the updated Log Ride, soon to be updated Calico Mine ride and Kirk and the Hillbillies. Disney really blew it letting the Billy's go.

Comment

Originally posted by stevek View Post
        We had passes last year but opted not to get them again in 2014 and instead decided to go back to Disney after a year break. Just didn't enjoy Knott's the way I used. Happy they are making some changes, especially the updated Log Ride, soon to be updated Calico Mine ride and Kirk and the Hillbillies. Disney really blew it letting the Billy's go.
        I'm honestly more interested in KBF about five years from now than I am now. They're moving in interesting directions, but also in increasingly micro-monetized directions as well. Hopefully it'll settle into a decent local competitor to DL, but it's still a while away from that. If that's even what they're trying for.
        Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I'm 'meh' about the rides themselves...but I wasn't really expecting all too much from them anyhow. It's what theming they were going to add (or bring back) to the area that had my curiosity, and judging by the preview, it looks like it might really turn out nice.

The greener the better in this area.
          :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
          Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

The attractions do not do a thing for me but then again I am not the target audience.

What I would really love to see is a dark ride with the Peanuts cast.
            Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by stevek View Post

you wallet must be hurting considering that's almost a mortgage payment (if it applies)

Comment

Originally posted by whydoyoucare View Post
                you wallet must be hurting considering that's almost a mortgage payment (if it applies)
                I guess if you paid for the full amount (So cal passes) up front than yes, it would be a bit much but I assure you there are plenty of people that do it. The timing worked out well where we made the down payment on the passes thanks to Christmas gifts (Disney gift cards/cash) from family with the purpose of going towards passes. We'll be doing a reduced monthly payment because of this.

Comment

Although these rides don't appeal to me at all, I'm excited for the expansion. The Boardwalk area looks great, I'm sure this will too.

Comment

Look at the rides & attractions they're replacing: a Bounce House, a Scrambler, and a Race Car Ride straight off the midway at the County Fair.

The fact the new rides will be themed to the characters makes them a nice replacement for those previous rides.

Comment

As for re-do's, I think Ghost Rider could use a Rocky Mountain conversion; and do it before touching the Mine Train. Knott's is building its own niche, which is great, but will be needing to add something big in the next couple of years to keep families interested as the tots get older!

Comment

A Snoopy dark ride would have been much better, especially one with Halloween and Christmas overlays. Oh well, hopefully in the future...

Instead my real hope rests with the rethemeing of the land being pretty thorough. While I don't expect it to be as immersive as Universal's Wizarding World or DCA's Cars Land, that high-level concept of themeing should be what they are shooting for at least in spirit, even if within a much more limited budget. The more amazing the themeing, the more Peanuts merchandise they will sell, and more repeat visits they will get from guests. I would love to feel like I'm stepping into the Peanuts universe with my kids, that would be really cool.

Comment

I'm happy they are doing something to improve Camp Snoopy, and happy that they are attempting a theme with these new attractions, but it basically looks like three spinners. Hope this can at least meet the theme standards that Bug's Land has, and give Peanuts a 3D look and feel, and not just a 2D look, and have a little more thrill than the Bug's land rides.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

My kids are excited that there will be something new to see at Camp Snoopy and I am excited to see the Calico Mine Co getting a much needed refurbishment. Haven't renewed our passes yet but will certainly be renewing this spring so we can visit the park and Soak City.

It's great that I can get passes for a family of 4 for Knotts for less than the price of just one pass for Disney.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X