Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the food at Knott's main restaurants in 2014?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How is the food at Knott's main restaurants in 2014?

I remember reading about a new head chef at Knott's on Micechat--I forgot when. So has the food improved at the once excellent, then overrated Chicken Dinner Restaurant, or at the (formerly?) unimpressive steakhouse? Any other Knott's food updates?

Even with mediocre food, my family loves Knott's Berry Farm! The "season pass" is (in my opinion) an excellent value. And anything with the word Boysenberry in it there has always tasted great to me.

:ot: And while I'm Knott's on the subject--I hope the Scary Farm shows are as good in 2014 as they reportedly were in 2013. (There, I just wanted to beat Regions Beyond to starting the Scary Farm enthusiasm this coming year! ))
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-16-2014, 07:04 PM.

Re: How is the food at Knott's main restaurants in 2014?

The steakhouse hasn't been in operation for years. It is currently called Spurs Chop House and is open (at least it seems to me) sporadically.
    The Chicken Dinner Restaurant is good. The only thing I have never really liked is the corn that comes with the meal.
    The Ghost Town Grill and the Fireman's BBQ are good choices too.

Comment

Thanks, dazyhill!

Have these restaurants improved over the last couple of years?

Comment

I think the Chicken Dinner restaurant is still good. I think the food overall is better than Disneyland. I recently had a corn dog for $7.99, it was a third bigger than Disney's and it came with a generous helping of waffle fries, Disney's is $6.99 and comes with a small bag of chips.

I also went to Magic Mountain and had their pizza, it was very good, ten times better than what Disneyland offers. Disneyland seems to focus on these 'fancy' foods but the quality of the basics like burgers, fries and pizza seems lacking.

Comment

We went to the Chicken Dinner restaraunt for the first time on monday and loved it!!!!!!!!!!! The food is amazing and so much of it. The strawberry Rhubarb soup was to die for. Their Chicken Noodle sope is the best I have ever had, The chicken is perfect! Bottles of water are more expensive inside the park then at DLR. Do not go on Silver Bullet and Boomerang right after you eat! Trust me@

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            I remember reading about a new head chef at Knott's on Micechat--I forgot when. So has the food improved at the once excellent, then overrated Chicken Dinner Restaurant, or at the (formerly?) unimpressive steakhouse? Any other Knott's food updates?

Even with mediocre food, my family loves Knott's Berry Farm! The "season pass" is (in my opinion) an excellent value. And anything with the word Boysenberry in it there has always tasted great to me.

:ot: And while I'm Knott's on the subject--I hope the Scary Farm shows are as good in 2014 as they reportedly were in 2013. (There, I just wanted to beat Regions Beyond to starting the Scary Farm enthusiasm this coming year! ))
            I see what you snuck in there at the bottom - nice try heh

As for the food - the biscuits at the Chicken Dinner Restaurant remain my favorite, and chicken still good overall. Haven't noticed specific improvements in those items, but then never thought they suffered overall. Baked goods from the outdoor market shop are quite tasty, had a few nice muffins last time out there, good texture.

Last meal there I ate was admittedly a 'special' one, banquet prepared for the Mine Ride event and all the food really top notch and high-end, and as I recall Russ Knibbs (the new food supervisor for the park) was there in person to supervise. But I'd eaten at Ghost Town Grill over the summer and was impressed with the menu there indeed, and the new fresh-made churro (dough shaped and fried while you wait) is pricey (6 dollars!), but beats Disneyland handily in terms of size and flavor/texture.
            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Overall I agree with the vibe in this post: the food at Knott's is much improved and is definitely competing with the deep-pocket parks down the street.

I point to Knott's simple chocolate chip cookie, fresh-baked every day at Knott's and served from its bakery for just $1.50. How much is a week-old cookie at Disneyland nowadays? $4.98?

Comment

Having just come from the Chicken Dinner Restaurant an hour ago, I can say all is well. Salad/soup fine as usual (although the soup noodles tasted like whole wheat instead of egg - weird), chicken delicious but HUGE pieces (I though Mrs. Knott specifically demanded young game hens), mashed potatoes were lumpy but at least, to me, that made them seem real, not boxed, and pie as good as always. Standard complaint about the Smucker's jelly but I don't see that changing unless they decide to produce the new Berry Market line in single-serve packages.
                Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Spurs Chop House ...at Knott's
                  What kind of food do they serve there ?

I think Ghost Town Grill .......food has gotten lot better.....
                  as well other's place's in the park....
                  Over all,Knott's food is not bad.....
                  But, the park price on the food,also went up.....
                  But ,I still leave Happy.......and a full belly .
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

We asked our server why they didn't have Knott's jam. He told us that is because Knott's jam doesn't come little packages like Smucker's.

Comment

Originally posted by brendonb28 View Post
                      We asked our server why they didn't have Knott's jam. He told us that is because Knott's jam doesn't come little packages like Smucker's.
                      Yep......this is my understanding
                      from a place near ,were I live ...that use to have Knott's jam .
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by brendonb28 View Post
                        Smucker's makes (made now) Knott's jams. They announced a few weeks ago, however, that they were discontinuing the brand. From what I heard at Knott's they refused to sell it back to Knott's, therefore the new Berry Market brand
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
                          Smucker's makes (made now) Knott's jams. They announced a few weeks ago, however, that they were discontinuing the brand. From what I heard at Knott's they refused to sell it back to Knott's, therefore the new Berry Market brand
                          Woe...thats interesting
                          I would hate to see,Knott's jams be completly,out of the market.
                          That would be sad ....to see !
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

It's still jam, but it's no longer called Knott's - The Orange County Register
                            Mike

Comment

THANK YOU for shareing........
                              Interesting and sad!
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X