Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Knott's Boysenberry Festival, April 12-27th, 2014

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knott's Boysenberry Festival, April 12-27th, 2014

https://www.knotts.com/%20knott-s-be...berry-festival

Dunno about everyone else, but I'm really excited about the upcoming Boysenberry Festival in Ghost Town. It only runs two weeks so get it on your calendars and go.

Frankly, for me, it's all about celebrating the Farm's past. Not just Knott's Berry Farm, but Walter Knott's berry farm and the roots of the boysenberry. I'll be there for the boysenberry-inspired food and the wine festival in Wilderness Dance Hall.

Look for me if you go as I just might be wearing one of my two boysenberry-print shirts around Ghost Town!

• DuckyDelite
    replied
    Re: Knott's Boysenberry Festival, April 12-27th, 2014

I wish I would have gone to the Boysenberry Festival sooner! I went on the closing Sunday and had a great time. There are so many food options, one day was not enough I definitely hope they do this again.

My only complaint was it was difficult to find and pay for the various food items. The only reason I knew about the Wine and Beer sampler was due to Micechat. I didn't know about the food sampler until we ran into someone else in the park using one. The festival guide and website didn't offer much help. Hopefully next year they can offer a list of all the speciality items and their specific locations.

Thanks again to Knotts for doing this!

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied

Went back up again yesterday, had a wonderful time. The weather turned out to be a lot better than forecasted and there was a good crowd there.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

wonderful pictures and the food looks delicious.

Leave a comment:

• lynxwiler
    replied

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
    Edit: I just saw the 6 for $20 deal, and that is probably what I will do. Has anyone done it?
    I did it! It's a lot of food and the portions are big. One could either buy the deep-fried alligator with boysenberry aioli for $9.99 or buy the $20 tasting card for alligator and 5 more full dishes. It's incredible. Don't forget to try the wine tasting for $15 as well.

Food wise? I'm all over the flank steak and chicken wings, both with boysenberry BBQ sauce. The Ghost Town Grill had a special today of grilled chicken breast in boysenberry BBQ sauce with green beans, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes for $13.99. It was wonderful and drenched in BBQ sauce.

Leave a comment:

• dazyhill
    replied

The 6 for $20 is your best bet to try everything. I loved the flank steak and the chicken wings were good too. Not adventurous enough to try the alligator. I might get some fried boysenberry ice cream tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• manifest
    replied

Did it, and loved every single item. It's worth a trip to Knotts. Scouts honor.

Leave a comment:

• explodingboy
    replied

I am going back this weekend before it all ends, and I want to try one of the delicious meals they are offering. What do you folks recommend I try? I am leaning towards the flank steak right now, but I could use your help!

Edit: I just saw the 6 for $20 deal, and that is probably what I will do. Has anyone done it?

Leave a comment:

• dazyhill
    replied

^Sorry you didn't get one The Boysenberry plants are now sold out. They went quicker than we anticipated.

Leave a comment:

• manifest
    replied

Bah! Dazyhill, Why didn't I notice what you wrote last week about the plants running out?????

Color me disappointed.
    Last edited by manifest; 04-23-2014, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alphabassetgrrl
    replied

Nice! I wish I could get down there before it ends, but that doesn't look likely.

Leave a comment:

• lynxwiler
    replied

A few shots around Ghost Town from the Boysenberry Festival:

Leave a comment:

• lynxwiler
    replied

Originally posted by BigDisneyKid View Post
    First visit to Knott's was this past Saturday with the Berry Festival and I absolutely LOVED it! The amazing foods with all the boysenberry touches are to die for!! The flank steak with boysenberry BBQ sauce...yum! The sweet potato with boysenberry...sinful! And the chocolate covered bacon...have mercy!
    Agreed! I'm really hoping Knott's finds a way to bottle that Boysenberry BBQ sauce you had on the flank steak. So danged good.

Leave a comment:

• dazyhill
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Are the boysenberry plants in good abundance or is this something that needs to be snatched up as early as possible? I am looking to go sometime next weekend and really want to take home a boysenberry plant.
    You should probably get to Knott's as soon as possible. We are more than likely going to be out of Boysenberry plants before Easter. You will probably be disappointed if you wait until next week.

Leave a comment:

• manifest
    replied

The. Food. Was. Incredible.

The fried alligator was amazing...as was the boysenberry BBQ sauce, as was the boysenberry butter for the roasted corn, as was the boysenberry BBQ hot wings and the deep fried boysenberry ice cream may perhaps be the best dessert I've ever tasted.

Me and the wife got off work early today just to get to the Farm and grub for the second time, because once wasn't enough for food this good.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X