X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Knott's history and movies at the Egyptian Theatre, April 27, 2014

Hi All,

Come see me at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for an illustrated presentation on Knott's Berry Farm history followed by a couple of rare documentaries, "Come and Get It" and "A Family Builds a Mountain."

Tickets are on sale now at the Egyptian's website or you can buy at the door. We're serving up boysenberry pie afterwards and proceeds will support the historic Egyptian Theatre and the Cinematheque.

I'm really excited about sharing this big slice of knottstalgia with everyone and look forward to seeing my Knott's friends there!

April 27, 1-3pm at the Egyptian Theatre, Hollywood!

Re: Knott's history and movies at the Egyptian Theatre, April 27, 2014

This is on my birthday and I so want to go to it! Lynx puts together the best presentations!!!
    :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
    Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

Definitely sounds like a great event...thanks for the notification!
      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Los Angeles Magazine added to their promo of the event as well:

Slide Show: Vintage Knott's Berry Farm - CityThink - Los Angeles magazine

I'm very excited about it! The two documentaries are going to be the highlight though, I know. You'll all be blown away by the footage.

Comment

Originally posted by lynxwiler View Post
          Los Angeles Magazine added to their promo of the event as well:

Slide Show: Vintage Knott's Berry Farm - CityThink - Los Angeles magazine

I'm very excited about it! The two documentaries are going to be the highlight though, I know. You'll all be blown away by the footage.
          Any chance that after the presentation there will be some place online to watch this? I would love to see it all, I just can't make it out there unfortunately.

Comment

The presentation will be recorded, but I don't know if it will be posted anywhere for sharing. I'll let MiceChat know if that happens.

Comment

Tickets still available! Hope to see ya'll there.

Comment

Great and fun presentation there. More people there than I expected!

I have read the book, though it was a while ago. But I'd love it if you can give any brief history/insight/ancedotes about:

1) Jungle Island
                2) The connection between Knott's and Castle Park in Riverside, which as I understand it has the original kiddie train that went around the Lake of Reflections, and the Tijuana Taxis
                3) The connection between the Knott Family and tourist ghost town of Calico in Barstow

Thanks!
                Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by lynxwiler View Post
                  The presentation will be recorded, but I don't know if it will be posted anywhere for sharing. I'll let MiceChat know if that happens.
                  Thank you! Hope the presentation went well tonight!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X