This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies

I've been to Knotts on a couple of days this spring when I was able to see some sets by the Hillbillies. They seem to be having fun, although probably missing that wireless audio setup. The crowds I've seen ranged from 60% or so to nearly full. One big plus is a completely different set every show of the day with no songs repeated in my experience. They snuck in the Grateful Dead's "Friend of the Devil" during the last show at DL, but here they can play it openly. It's darker in the Bird Cage than the 'Shoe,but here are a few views starting with Elvis doing his patented pull the undies from my cheeks move.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KBF-Elvis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	7375217

The Beatles Medley

Name:	KBF-Beatlebillies.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	7375218

The Devil Went Down To Georgia.

Name:	KBF-Devil-Georgia.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	7375219Click image for larger version

Name:	KBF-Devil-Georgia2.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	7375220

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Name:	KBF-Teeth.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	7375221
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Re: Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies

Our family went to Knotts over spring break. We were able to catch a couple of sets of the Billies, they are the best. I wish we lived closer so we could see them more often. And yeah they seem to be enjoying themselves a lot more with all of the different songs that they can do and not be tied to the same set list for every show. After hearing that they were playing at Knotts, our family got season passes for there.

Comment

Thanks, Ralfrick!

My favorite Billies set at Disneyland was their country music tribute to the Beatles. I hope they're still at the Birdcage when we get season passes again.

Comment

Thanks for looking. I see they've been cut from 4 sets a day to 3 & hope that isn't a bad sign. They will be 3 days a week in the summer so that's something.
        Remember
        What the dormouse said
        Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

One more reminder that I need a day at Knott's. These guys were fantastic, and I'm glad they were able to stay together as a group and continue playing.
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X