Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Attraction Coming to Knotts Boardwalk in 2015, Possibly a Dark Ride

This is from Micechat Twitter 6/12:

MiceChat@MiceChat 5h Raffi Kaprelyan, general manager of @knotts says "more fun" coming to the Boardwalk in 2015!

This from Screamscape.com:

2015 - Dark Ride
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: New Attraction Coming to Knotts Boardwalk in 2015, Possibly a Dark Ride

This has been talked about for a while now. Matt Ouimet hinted at it during a podcast interview, but it's nice to see it in the news again. Knott's really needs another dark ride.

Comment

I hope if they do go for a ride in the same style as Wonder Mountain's Guardian that they also add a bit more in the way of set pieces, props and animatronics along with the real time 3D. A ride with 1920's gangsters could be a good fit.

Here is video of Wonder Mountain's Guardian...

Comment

I really hope Trio-tech has nothing to do with the new ride! Wonder Mountain's Guardian looks horrible.
        :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
        Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

i think they should do a dark ride based on charlie brown and snoopy and that one is interesting

Comment

Is it too much to hope for a Knott's Beary Tales reboot?
            Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by manifest View Post
              I really hope Trio-tech has nothing to do with the new ride! Wonder Mountain's Guardian looks horrible.
              Going by the video, it's seems that the WMG characters they showcased on their youtube page are really not that visible in the game section of the ride. They looked like fun and could even expand beyond the ride into entertainment and merchandising.

If they go for interactivity, I would hope something more along the lines of the dragon themed ride at LottieWorld. It has lots of personality and some nice props and figures too.

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                Is it too much to hope for a Knott's Beary Tales reboot?
                That would be very cool, but it would be different then the original if the rumor is true and they want it to be "interactive". I could imagine you firing Jam at the wolf and other threats similar to the Maus au Chocolate ride overseas (but with more animatronics and set pieces).

Comment

I prefer a Snoopy/Peanuts ride that could receive holiday overlays.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                    i think they should do a dark ride based on charlie brown and snoopy and that one is interesting
                    Would that be weird since Camp Snoopy is at the other side of the park?

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                      Not so much if you consider Snoopy to be the Mickey Mouse of Knotts. Disney has no problem with images of Mickey all over the parks so why should Knotts be any different?

Comment

The Charles Schultz Theater where the Snoopy ice show plays is also in the Boardwalk area of the park.

Comment

what disneyipresume just said. it would not be weird at all. snoopy is knotts own version of mickey.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                            Not so much if you consider Snoopy to be the Mickey Mouse of Knotts. Disney has no problem with images of Mickey all over the parks so why should Knotts be any different?
                            Works for me, I have been a Peanuts fan since I was a youngster!

With a Peanuts CGI feature film coming out next year, a new all-ages themed ride would be pretty cool.

Comment

With Knotts doing such beautiful refresh of their classic dark rides, it would be nice to see a new ride with a bit more quality then some of the generic interactive rides that are popular. Something that stands out for a park with such a rich history.

The video mapping effects that Alterface is doing for their interactive rides looks pretty nifty.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X