Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Updated Knott's Tips! Please add more updated information!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Knott's Tips! Please add more updated information!

The most recent Knott's Tips thread was from 2014, so please add new suggestions for those going to the Farm!

Ride the train; beware of robbers.

Ride the Stagecoach.

The bumper cars are not too slow for 10-year-olds and their parents.

In my opinion, Mystery Lodge has aged surprisingly well. If you like the Pepper's Ghosts in the Haunted Mansion's ballroom, you might like it here too. (Wish they'd do a Scary Farm Ghost story here.)

If it's hot and you see the western stunt show in the outdoor theatre, sit in a covered wagon or--if they're full--sit in the spash area near the stage. [Is this still going? I know there are are going to be other street shows with cowboys.]

See the saloon show in the summer. They have two funny can-can dancers in the show during the summer that might make you miss Disney's pre-Eisner Golden and Diamond Horseshoe Revues.

Enjoy the updated, improved Mine & Log rides, and the new undersea shooter ride. Despite the low budget, giving guests different colored lasers was a dramatic improvement that Disney's Buzz rides should copy at once!

Although I haven't tasted it, the Boysenberry Fest is supposed to be most excellent for those who like to eat.

Jaguar is a great, first, big coaster for kids.
    Xcelerator is a nice, last, big coaster for aging adults.

Bring some frozen water bottles because beverages are even more expensive than they are at our beloved Disneyland. Employees are very nice about giving large, free glasses of ice water at refreshment windows.

Remember Billy Hill and the Hillbillies who performed at Disneyland all those years? They're now at Knott's. I hope I can hear them do their excellent and interesting country versions of Beatles songs.

Ride the
    Pony Express first and if no crowd is there yet and the employees will let you stay on, ride it around twice. (It's so short, it should take everyone around twice--then it's a worthwhile ride--at least for me and my kid.)

Knott's Season Pass might be the best theme park deal in S. Cal., especially at this time of year when I've been told it gets you in and admits you during all four seasons of the following year.

Season passes don't include the phenomenal, transcendent Halloween Scary
    Farm
    , which you must experience. (Visit that in late Sept. for shorter lines and fresher monsters.) The Hanging is an insightful chronicle of our times; stand in the "slash area" near the stage. I suggest that you NOT bring kids under 13 to Knott's Scary Farm, but [update] I took my 11-year-old daughter (who is braver than your child) and she had a GREAT time in 2016! Attend the Pre-scare Boo-fet for some good (in 2016, excellent in past years)
    food and to be among the first to get in to Scary Farm. I suggest attending one of the earlier seatings so you have more time to take in the atmosphere.

I suggest checking in to the Radisson just south of Medieval Times
    and walk to and from the Scary Farm. It's a beautiful hotel with an excellent staff.

Return for Christmas and enjoy the small stage shows in Birdcage Theater.
    There is a nice ice show for the holidays
    (also appearing in the summer?) Knott's ice shows range from good to excellent.

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-27-2017, 08:14 PM.

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Knott's Season Pass might be the best theme park deal in S. Cal., especially in December when it gets you in and admits you during all four seasons of the following year.
    And if you already have a pass and renew in that period they'll give you Fast Lane passes to use on one of your trips before the year ends (they sell those for $60).

Return for Christmas and enjoy the small stage shows in Birdcage Theater.
    And check out the Craft Fair in Ghost Town for some Holiday gift shopping.
    "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Season passes don't include the phenomenal, transcendent Halloween Scary
      Farm
      [FONT=book antiqua], which you must experience. (Visit that in late Sept. for shorter lines and fresher monsters.)
      Do the Prescare Dinner for some Mrs Knott's fried chicken and early access to the park.

Comment

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post

Do the Prescare Dinner for some Mrs Knott's fried chicken and early access to the park.
        Thanks! Excellent tip, DWS! I love the Boo-fet and I added your tip to the list.

Comment

Also during Knott's Merry Farm:

They put on quite a big show for the tree lighting. It's not Broadway quality, but it's more than just a little music and turn on the lights. A lot of pretty girls in the show too.

Handbell carolers similar to DCA. Only in groups of four but a similar act. They may be from the same source.

Special holiday treats in the Wilderness Dance Hall including hot drinks. Hot chocolate for the young ones and for the adults coffee with a shot of liqueur (for an additional charge) or hot spiced wine.

Comment

I highly recommend the season pass for Scary Farm. My husband and I got it last year and we enjoyed going 5 times.

Comment

HEY you Guy's it been long while ......I heard any from the Farm !......
              what the latest updated information!

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Ghost Rider is reopening soon with a new track and cars. Also, Ghost Town alive is coming, bringing new experiences there.

My number one tip is to explore Ghost Town. The area is filled with theming and details that in my opinion is better than Frontierland. All of the buildings are really neat, and they have many interactive areas. Sad Eyed Joe is really neat and fun to talk to as well. Also, the rides in Ghost Town are great. The new Log Ride is really fun, and the Mine Ride rivals some of Disneyland's dark rides. The Stage Coach and train are both very unique as well.

For Roller Coaster fans, Xcelerator is amazing, with an 82 mile per hour launch in 2 seconds. It is the most powerful launch I have ever experienced. Ghost Rider is also an amazing wooden coaster, and the refurbishment should hopefully make it more comfortable and smoother. Silver Bullet is a lot of fun as well. Montezuma's Revenge is a rare type of coaster and often has a short wait. It also is a lot of fun. Boomerang is pretty cool as well, but often gets a long wait. Sierra Sidewinder in Camp Snoopy is alright, and offers a fun short thrill. Supreme Scream also tends to have a pretty short wait and is pretty fun.

I hope this helps to anyone who is going to Knott's soon!

Comment

Originally posted by mightymicroscope33 View Post
                  Ghost Rider is reopening soon with a new track and cars. Also, Ghost Town alive is coming, bringing new experiences there.

My number one tip is to explore Ghost Town. The area is filled with theming and details that in my opinion is better than Frontierland. All of the buildings are really neat, and they have many interactive areas. Sad Eyed Joe is really neat and fun to talk to as well. Also, the rides in Ghost Town are great. The new Log Ride is really fun, and the Mine Ride rivals some of Disneyland's dark rides. The Stage Coach and train are both very unique as well.

For Roller Coaster fans, Xcelerator is amazing, with an 82 mile per hour launch in 2 seconds. It is the most powerful launch I have ever experienced. Ghost Rider is also an amazing wooden coaster, and the refurbishment should hopefully make it more comfortable and smoother. Silver Bullet is a lot of fun as well. Montezuma's Revenge is a rare type of coaster and often has a short wait. It also is a lot of fun. Boomerang is pretty cool as well, but often gets a long wait. Sierra Sidewinder in Camp Snoopy is alright, and offers a fun short thrill. Supreme Scream also tends to have a pretty short wait and is pretty fun.

I hope this helps to anyone who is going to Knott's soon!
                  Thank You for Shareing.......Great Stuff....
                  Yes ,I going this Summer........
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Great post, jcruise! I'll think of some of my own and add them!

Comment

Another tip: check out the replica of Independence Hall. They do an audio show recreating the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Its open everyday until 4pm and is free to the public.

Comment

Another tip: check out the replica of Independence Hall. They do an audio show recreating the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Its open everyday until 4pm and is free to the public.
                        GREAT TIP............Thanks
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Also, in the Berry Market, access to the restrooms is through a small conservatory, but instead of going straight through to the restrooms, turn left. There is a small room with a reproduction of George Washington's fireplace with a copy of his pistol on the wall and an old millstone from early Los Angeles.

Comment

I have a new Knott's tip: Check in to the Radisson just south of Medieval Times
                            and walk to and from the Scary Farm. It's a beautiful hotel with an excellent staff.

Comment

If you're going to the Haunt and want to pregame with a couple of cocktails before entering, go to Amber Waves in the Knott's Hotel rather than Fridays or Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. Those places will be packed to the gills while Amber Waves will be relatively empty.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X