Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Knott's Tips! Please add more updated information!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    If you're going to the Haunt and want to pregame with a couple of cocktails before entering, go to Amber Waves in the Knott's Hotel rather than Fridays or Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. Those places will be packed to the gills while Amber Waves will be relatively empty.
    Excellent, Deadwinterskies! I haven't found Friday's to be busy, but they I've gone before an early seating of the Boo-fet.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
      Excellent, Deadwinterskies! I haven't found Friday's to be busy, but they I've gone before an early seating of the Boo-fet.
      Yeah, if you're going before an early Prescare Boo-fet than it probably won't be crowded. In my experience though, closer to opening it becomes a madhouse.
      "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Easy traffic and parking tips:

There is too much traffic at the Beach exit and large numbers of pedestrians crossing at Beach and La Palma clog the right lane with cars waiting to turn right. Take the Knott exit instead. Turn left on La Palma and right on Western. If the Western lot is open, park there. If not, turn left on Crescent and left again on Beach and enter the main lot from the opposite direction as everyone else.

When leaving the main lot, do the opposite of what everyone else is doing. Most cars get into the long line for the La Palma exit. Go to the Stanton exit instead. At the Stanton exit there are two long lines of cars waiting to turn left. Turn right instead and you will be out with almost no wait, you just have to drive around the block.

The drives are a little longer in distance, but save time and frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
          Easy traffic and parking tips:

There is too much traffic at the Beach exit and large numbers of pedestrians crossing at Beach and La Palma clog the right lane with cars waiting to turn right. Take the Knott exit instead. Turn left on La Palma and right on Western. If the Western lot is open, park there. If not, turn left on Crescent and left again on Beach and enter the main lot from the opposite direction as everyone else.

When leaving the main lot, do the opposite of what everyone else is doing. Most cars get into the long line for the La Palma exit. Go to the Stanton exit instead. At the Stanton exit there are two long lines of cars waiting to turn left. Turn right instead and you will be out with almost no wait, you just have to drive around the block.

The drives are a little longer in distance, but save time and frustration.
          Seconded on all points. I always take Knott over Beach and the Western/Crescent lot over the Main lot.

Comment

Thanks for the parking lot tips, Ron W!

Does anyone have any Ghost Town Alive Tips or comments?

Sol Spin--the new thrill ride for 2017--looks too spinny & off-the-shelf to get us to visit. I hope they have something cooler for 2018.
            (As I wrote on another thread, I'd like a year-round, western-themed haunted house that could be plussed for the Scary Farm.

Comment

New tips: the Tasting Card for the Boysenberry Festival is well worth it. It costs $25 for six food samples and I've always found it be enough food for two to split.
              They also sell a Tasting Card for the Boysenberry Fest's Wine and Craft Brew Garden in the Wilderness Dance Hall. It comes with six tastings and a charcuterie plate.

Comment

New tips: the Tasting Card for the Boysenberry Festival is well worth it. It costs $25 for six food samples and I've always found it be enough food for two to split.
                They also sell a Tasting Card for the Boysenberry Fest's Wine and Craft Brew Garden in the Wilderness Dance Hall. It comes with six tastings and a charcuterie plate.
                Thanks, Deadwinterskies! I think I'd pass on the feed tasting card because I wouldn't want the pizza.

Here are some Boysenberry Fest tips a Micechatter wrote after an article. I enlarged, numbered and emphasized them:

Irene Kautto2 days ago

"I am loving the Festival this year. Have been twice so far and plan to go some more until the 23rd. I am happy that you are giving this event such positive coverage.

1. Love, love, love the melodrama! (What's that?)

2. And the big stage show reminds me of a mini MGM musical - great production value, excellent talent and gorgeous costumes.

3. Don't forget to go see the little movie in City Hall; it just may bring a tear to your eye at the end.

4. I also don't want people to forget that beginning this Saturday and running every night through the 23rd Krazy Kirk and Hillbillies will be playing in the Wagon Camp theater and the Ghost Town Miners will be on the Fireman's Stage (near the barn, the BBQ and the Bird Cage). There is other entertainment also, just not sure who and where - I'm a bluegrass kind of gal "

^ ^ Thanks, Irene! ^ ^
                Last edited by jcruise86; 09-23-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Deadwinterskies! I think I'd pass on the feed tasting card because I wouldn't want the pizza.
                  It was an "in general" suggestion, not specific to this year's selection. The included foods change every year. I actually haven't done it this year (yet) but have always done it in years past.

Comment

A new habit of mine has been to stop and eat at the Portillo's just a few blocks east of Knott's on La Palma on my way to or from the park (especially if I'm on a tight budget). Really good food at very reasonable prices. I'd suggest it for anyone looking to eat on the cheap.
                    http://www.portillos.com/index.html

Comment

A new habit of mine has been to stop and eat at the Portillo's just a few blocks east of Knott's on La Palma on my way to or from the park (especially if I'm on a tight budget). Really good food at very reasonable prices. I'd suggest it for anyone looking to eat on the cheap.
                      http://www.portillos.com/index.html
                      YES! This is my Knott's Scary Farm tradition. Been going for a long time, and have tried the Boofet a couple times with disappointing results (the real benefit is early entry). We always go to Portillo's prior to heading to the park for Haunt. They are wonderful on the wallet and they have really good food. I love their Chocolate Cake Shake -- a full slice of chocolate cake blended into a vanilla shake.

Comment

Originally posted by THE1andonlyAUZ View Post
                        Been going for a long time, and have tried the Boofet a couple times with disappointing results (the real benefit is early entry).
                        The Prescare Boo-fet food is good enough and the fact that it's all-you-can-eat makes it a good value if you're someone with an appetite. But you're right; the early entry is the real reason to do it. The only time I've done the Prescare dinner and truly been disappointed was when they "opened the main gates" within 5 minutes of letting the Prescare patrons in (which has happened to me a few times).

I love their Chocolate Cake Shake -- a full slice of chocolate cake blended into a vanilla shake.
                        I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I haven't tried any of their shakes but I'm all about their giant $5 chalices of premium/seasonal beers.

Comment

Any new tips, anyone?

Comment

Any new tips, anyone?
                            Season pass holders get free parking at the Knott's Hotel when staying there.

Comment

[COLOR=#000000]Knott's [SIZE=20px]Season Pass might be the best theme park deal in S. Cal., especially in December when it gets you in and admits you during all four seasons of the following year.
                              This is no longer the case. It allows new pass holders to come (or renewing pass holders to bring a friend) ONCE in the current calendar year with a cutoff in mid-December.

Comment

Any new tips, anyone?
                                Get to the Haunt early and hit Infected and Trick or Treat first.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X