Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Knott's Tips! Please add more updated information!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This most recent tip is a sad one and will hopefully become outdated by a return to excellence, but heads up, Micechatters: the Raddison near Knott's seems to have gone downhill dramatically. I used to really like this hotel, but my experience this year (and many recent reviews I've seen on Booking.com & Trip Advisor) have convinced me that it is now awful in many, many ways, thought the front desk people are still very nice.

Comment

While my wife and I prefer to stay at the Resort Hotel when we can, we have found that the Holiday Inn up on Beach to be quite satisfactory. The last time we were there was pre pandemic, the rooms were comparable to the rooms at the Resort for about half the price (this is apparently is fluid depending upon the time of the year). You could walk to the park, but that walk back is going to be a long one....

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        While my wife and I prefer to stay at the Resort Hotel when we can, we have found that the Holiday Inn up on Beach to be quite satisfactory. The last time we were there was pre pandemic, the rooms were comparable to the rooms at the Resort for about half the price (this is apparently is fluid depending upon the time of the year). You could walk to the park, but that walk back is going to be a long one....
        Thanks!
        I noticed that Holiday Inn just north of the 91 last week and will consider that and a couple other hotels on Beach north of Knott's next year. The walk isn't THAT far to the Holiday Inn, and Porto's is on the way.

Comment

After a near 30 year hiatus from going to Knott's my family got passes and have been going once or twice a month and here are some tips we have realized the we wish we knew the first time we went back:

- Go early the first couple of hours the entire park is often walk on ( minus Ghost Rider )

- If Ghost Rider is less than 45 minutes wait take advantage of it, this ride is always the longest wait in the park.

- If the wait for Log Ride is more than 30 minutes skip it. when the line gets long the Fastlane line also gets busy amplifying the standard wait times often ballooning it to almost double what it was when you got in line.

- Knott's Chicken Dinner restaurant...worth it!

- Check out all the stores there is far more different selection from store to store than DLR.

- Look into each nook and cranny especially in the ghost town as there are lots of hidden gems in there.

- Jaguar is excellent for anyone in your party that is roller coaster aversive. For hardcore coaster fans though as my daughter put it "this is a joke".

- You will not get as wet on the Log Ride as Splash Mtn. (the logs at Knott's are better designed). However Calico River Rapids is just as soaking as Grizzly River Rapids at DCA.

- There is plenty of seating but a lot of it is along paths and common areas not necessarily in front of food vendors. If you see a food place you like go ahead and order and even if surrounding seats are full, likely around the corner there empty tables and benches.

- The coffee at the bakery near Ghost Rider is horrible however coffee across from Berry Tales is good.

- Get a pass, the annual pass currently costs less than a single day at DLR and pays for itself after 2 visits!

- Get a Funnel Cake at least once.

- Carnival games are more winnable then you would think. Look around and see how may people have won prizes lots of winners cruising the park.

- Remember how cheap it cost to get in, do not feel rushed you can see everything in a day even with crowds.
          Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X