Updated Knott's Tips! Please add more updated information!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadwinterskies
    Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
    • Jan 2015

New tips: the Tasting Card for the Boysenberry Festival is well worth it. It costs $25 for six food samples and I've always found it be enough food for two to split.
    They also sell a Tasting Card for the Boysenberry Fest's Wine and Craft Brew Garden in the Wilderness Dance Hall. It comes with six tastings and a charcuterie plate.
    "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

• jcruise86
      former CM

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post
      New tips: the Tasting Card for the Boysenberry Festival is well worth it. It costs $25 for six food samples and I've always found it be enough food for two to split.
      They also sell a Tasting Card for the Boysenberry Fest's Wine and Craft Brew Garden in the Wilderness Dance Hall. It comes with six tastings and a charcuterie plate.
      Thanks, Deadwinterskies! I think I'd pass on the feed tasting card because I wouldn't want the pizza.

Here are some Boysenberry Fest tips a Micechatter wrote after an article. I enlarged, numbered and emphasized them:

Irene Kautto2 days ago

"I am loving the Festival this year. Have been twice so far and plan to go some more until the 23rd. I am happy that you are giving this event such positive coverage.

1. Love, love, love the melodrama! (What's that?)

2. And the big stage show reminds me of a mini MGM musical - great production value, excellent talent and gorgeous costumes.

3. Don't forget to go see the little movie in City Hall; it just may bring a tear to your eye at the end.

4. I also don't want people to forget that beginning this Saturday and running every night through the 23rd Krazy Kirk and Hillbillies will be playing in the Wagon Camp theater and the Ghost Town Miners will be on the Fireman's Stage (near the barn, the BBQ and the Bird Cage). There is other entertainment also, just not sure who and where - I'm a bluegrass kind of gal "

^ ^ Thanks, Irene! ^ ^
      Last edited by jcruise86; 09-23-2017, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• deadwinterskies
        Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
        Thanks, Deadwinterskies! I think I'd pass on the feed tasting card because I wouldn't want the pizza.
        It was an "in general" suggestion, not specific to this year's selection. The included foods change every year. I actually haven't done it this year (yet) but have always done it in years past.

Comment

• deadwinterskies
          Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
          • Jan 2015

A new habit of mine has been to stop and eat at the Portillo's just a few blocks east of Knott's on La Palma on my way to or from the park (especially if I'm on a tight budget). Really good food at very reasonable prices. I'd suggest it for anyone looking to eat on the cheap.
          Portillo's is home to America's favorite Italian beef, burgers, salads, Chicago-style hot dogs, and chocolate cake.

Comment

• THE1andonlyAUZ
            Scary Farm Connoisseur
            • Jun 2010

A new habit of mine has been to stop and eat at the Portillo's just a few blocks east of Knott's on La Palma on my way to or from the park (especially if I'm on a tight budget). Really good food at very reasonable prices. I'd suggest it for anyone looking to eat on the cheap.
            http://www.portillos.com/index.html
            YES! This is my Knott's Scary Farm tradition. Been going for a long time, and have tried the Boofet a couple times with disappointing results (the real benefit is early entry). We always go to Portillo's prior to heading to the park for Haunt. They are wonderful on the wallet and they have really good food. I love their Chocolate Cake Shake -- a full slice of chocolate cake blended into a vanilla shake.

Comment

• deadwinterskies
              Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by THE1andonlyAUZ View Post
              Been going for a long time, and have tried the Boofet a couple times with disappointing results (the real benefit is early entry).
              The Prescare Boo-fet food is good enough and the fact that it's all-you-can-eat makes it a good value if you're someone with an appetite. But you're right; the early entry is the real reason to do it. The only time I've done the Prescare dinner and truly been disappointed was when they "opened the main gates" within 5 minutes of letting the Prescare patrons in (which has happened to me a few times).

I love their Chocolate Cake Shake -- a full slice of chocolate cake blended into a vanilla shake.
              I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I haven't tried any of their shakes but I'm all about their giant $5 chalices of premium/seasonal beers.

Comment

• jcruise86
                former CM

• Jul 2006

Any new tips, anyone?

Comment

• deadwinterskies
                  Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
                  • Jan 2015

Any new tips, anyone?
                  Season pass holders get free parking at the Knott's Hotel when staying there.

Comment

• deadwinterskies
                    Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
                    • Jan 2015

[COLOR=#000000]Knott's [SIZE=20px]Season Pass might be the best theme park deal in S. Cal., especially in December when it gets you in and admits you during all four seasons of the following year.
                    This is no longer the case. It allows new pass holders to come (or renewing pass holders to bring a friend) ONCE in the current calendar year with a cutoff in mid-December.

Comment

• deadwinterskies
                      Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
                      • Jan 2015

Any new tips, anyone?
                      Get to the Haunt early and hit Infected and Trick or Treat first.

Comment

• jcruise86
                        former CM

• Jul 2006

This is no longer the case. It allows new pass holders to come (or renewing pass holders to bring a friend) ONCE in the current calendar year with a cutoff in mid-December.
                        Thanks!

And regarding you message in the post above this one, on Saturday night we got to Infected first when we were let in early after the Boo-fet, but others had the same idea and beat us there. The line attendants said they might be setting up for another 5 or 10 minutes so we went to Dark Ride and got in its short line. When we then returned to Infected there was NO line, and we were a party of two, which was fun. Then we went to VooDoo, which also had NO line.

Thanks to the Knott's monsters for giving guests their full enthusiastic attention, even when there were just two of us. Last year I went to Red Barn and seemed to be the only guest in the maze, and the monsters went all out for me.

Comment

• jcruise86
                          former CM

• Jul 2006

Get to the Haunt early and hit Infected and Trick or Treat first.
                          DeadWinterSkies, it's August which means SCARY FARM IS NEXT MONTH!!!

Some people including Micechat's own Dusty thought Scary Farm outdid Universal's Halloween Horror Nights last year. Can't wait to see what they offer this year. I liked how Scary Farm got away from all those upcharges last year & I hope they repeat that.

Comment

• leopardchucks
                            Riff Raff, Street Rat
                            • Aug 2009

Have you mentioned the refillable cups? Season passholders can purchase a cup for like 20 (maybe 25??) bucks and have it refilled all year long. Thats a pretty good deal.
                            For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                            http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

• deadwinterskies
                              Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post
                              Have you mentioned the refillable cups? Season passholders can purchase a cup for like 20 (maybe 25??) bucks and have it refilled all year long. Thats a pretty good deal.
                              You also can, like me, opt to not get a souvenir cup and instead get your "free" refills in regular cups.

Comment

• leopardchucks
                                Riff Raff, Street Rat
                                • Aug 2009

You also can, like me, opt to not get a souvenir cup and instead get your "free" refills in regular cups.
                                Cool! I had no idea that was option. Good to know! We've been going to KNotts for xmas every year and each time, I try to convince the BF that it would probably be a little cheaper if we just sprang for season tickets (covering 2 trips on one pass if we time it correctly). Free drinks without a souvenir cup may be another tidbit in my arsenal to convince him this year.

Comment

• deadwinterskies
                                  Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
                                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post
                                  We've been going to KNotts for xmas every year and each time, I try to convince the BF that it would probably be a little cheaper if we just sprang for season tickets (covering 2 trips on one pass if we time it correctly). Free drinks without a souvenir cup may be another tidbit in my arsenal to convince him this year.
                                  Another bit of ammo for your cause: if you buy/renew your season passes early enough (I think the cutoff is usually late October) you can return (or bring a friend if renewing) once in the current calendar year for free.

Comment

• leopardchucks
                                    Riff Raff, Street Rat
                                    • Aug 2009

Another bit of ammo for your cause: if you buy/renew your season passes early enough (I think the cutoff is usually late October) you can return (or bring a friend if renewing) once in the current calendar year for free.
                                    I looked into it. You are correct! Not only would I get one free entry into the park, but any subsequent visit for the remainder of 2018 would only cost $14.99!

Comment

• deadwinterskies
                                      Fr. NOCC Attractions CM
                                      • Jan 2015

New tip: Check out The Cauldron!
                                      Early this year a former Knott's Scary Farm creative director opened a witchcraft themed bar right across the street on Beach Blvd (enter the parking lot from Las Palmas). Good food. Good drinks. It's the perfect place to meet up and have a few drinks/bites before a night at the Haunt. Some staff members have indicated to me that they are considering having some special offerings/events with Haunt tie-ins (after I suggested they do a midnight breakfast buffet like Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant used to).

Comment

• jcruise86
                                        former CM

• Jul 2006

Deleted.
                                        Last edited by jcruise86; 09-06-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• jcruise86
                                          former CM

• Jul 2006

This 5.5-year-old thread hasn't been updated in 3 years.

Knott's fans, please share some new tips.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X