Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knott's Berry Farm to Auction 300 Items in 2017

Next January, Knott's is holding an auction and will have around 300 lots available for sale. The whole list hasn't been announced yet, but according to the Knott's website it seems to be a little bit of everything:

The auction will have historic artifacts form all facets of Knott’s Berry Farm’s rich heritage. Items from the original Ghost Town, Camp Snoopy, and the famous Chicken Dinner Restaurant, Theme Park Rides, Knott’s Scary Farm, and the Walter Knott’s Archives will all be part of this collection offered for the first time. Items will range from historic signs, antiques, important theme park vehicles, player pianos, vintage coin operated machines, photography and much more.
    Knott’s Berry Farm simply feels the time is right to share a part of its remarkable history with a global audience of fans and loyal guest members. It is also an opportunity to express appreciation for a lifetime of patronage by offering a “piece of the park.” Many memories are created at Knott’s Berry Farm—from the creation of Ghost Town 75 years ago, up to today—this auction is one way for fans to preserve those favorite memories.
    I am bummed about the park losing a little more of it's history. I know that there is a section of the Western Trails Museum with some neat Knott's artifacts - it sure would be cool if some of this stuff could make its way in there. We'll see exactly what goes up for auction around mid-December.

Here is the link to the Knott's Berry Farm website:

https://www.knotts.com/knott-s-berry-farm-the-auction

Sounds like they are clearing out the warehouses that used to be the preserves processing plant. Park expansion plans perhaps?

Comment

Nope, no Farm expansion plans. Just cleaning house of the antiques Walter bought.

Comment

So this was supposed to be the start date for viewing and bidding on the lots. Anybody check it out (assuming it wasn't delayed)?
        "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Will there be an auction catalog available? I probably won't be able to bid on anything, but I would like a record of some kind of what was auctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post
            So this was supposed to be the start date for viewing and bidding on the lots. Anybody check it out (assuming it wasn't delayed)?
            It looks like it was pushed back or something. The site originally said (if I remember correctly) everything would be listed in December, with a viewing in January. Now the site just says spring of 2017.

Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
            Will there be an auction catalog available? I probably won't be able to bid on anything, but I would like a record of some kind of what was auctioned.
            I think there will be a catalog available through Heritage auctions when everything goes up online.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post

It looks like it was pushed back or something. The site originally said (if I remember correctly) everything would be listed in December, with a viewing in January. Now the site just says spring of 2017.
              Yep. It said items would be available for viewing around December 15th and the auction would take place around January 23rd, IIRC. Even last week it still said to check back around December 1st for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post

Yep. It said items would be available for viewing around December 15th and the auction would take place around January 23rd, IIRC. Even last week it still said to check back around December 1st for more info.
                Yeah it must have just changed pretty recently.

Comment

It seems like some of the items are up on HA's site:
                  https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home...21913-interior
                  Last edited by deadwinterskies; 03-21-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Looks like the auction will be on Friday, March 31st. You can register to attend the auction here.

The items can also be viewed in person on:
                    Wednesday, March 29
                    Preview for Season Pass Holders
                    Knott's Berry Farm North Parking Lot
                    7621 La Palma Ave.
                    Buena Park, CA 90620
                    10:00 am – 7:00 pm Pacific

Thursday, March 30
                    Preview for General Public
                    Knott's Berry Farm North Parking Lot
                    7621 La Palma Ave.
                    Buena Park, CA 90620
                    10:00 am – 7:00 pm (Pacific)

Comment

Apparently it's a cash only sale... but I'll be there anyway to watch Knott's history walk away. Maybe I can save a lot or two from ebay buyers who will just tear the lots apart and sell off the pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by lynxwiler View Post
                        Apparently it's a cash only sale... but I'll be there anyway to watch Knott's history walk away. Maybe I can save a lot or two from ebay buyers who will just tear the lots apart and sell off the pieces.
                        Cash only would be news to me. I'll be there as well for the same reason.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X