Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Knott's Scary Farm's 50th Anniversary idea

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knott's Scary Farm's 50th Anniversary idea

I know we're years away but I thought it would be cool if for the Haunt's 50th anniversary if they did a "greatest hits" version. So let's assume that there will be 10 mazes, what mazes from the Haunt's history would you like to see recreated? My experience only dates back to 1995 but for me:
    1) Industrial Evil / The Underground
    2) Dominion of the Dead / Lair of the Vampyre
    3) Nightmares
    4) Alien Attack
    5) Carnival of Carnivorous Clowns
    6) House of Maniacs
    7) Trapped
    8) Paranormal Inc
    9) Forevermore
    10)The Inguisition
    I'd also want them to go back to doing stuff on the mine train and log rides as well as bring back some of the classic shows (Day of the Dead Procession, Dr Cleaver, Ed Alonzo, Zamora, etc.)
    "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Man, that would be awesome!!

Comment

I absolutely love your perspective, but, sadly, you look at the park the way I do, and by that, I mean, ideas that top management just would not go for I attended the Haunt from year 2, and on and off thru the years, so, not to be cocky, but I do have a very good interpretation of how Knott;s has worked thru the years. Focusing on earlier mazes, how do you approach that? Keep it within the yesteryear approach, meaning, a lower-budget, or update and therefore alter the entire :feel" of the maze as it originally appeared? Personally, i miss the old school approach, where there was more of a focus on scares rather than extravagent lighting, and "mood." A simple scare has aways worked better for me, but that is just my perspective.
      Babbling here, but again, I love your outlook, but I doubt Knott's will take such an impressive nostalgic idea, and go with it. At this point, they are falling babysteps behind the Queen Mary and Universal Studios, and that is what will probably be on their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmonkey1962 View Post
        Focusing on earlier mazes, how do you approach that? Keep it within the yesteryear approach, meaning, a lower-budget, or update and therefore alter the entire :feel" of the maze as it originally appeared?
        I'm sure most of the original props/sets/costumes for most of the earlier mazes are long gone and therefore would have to be recreated. Also, the layout of the park has changed over the years with many areas where some of these mazes were built are no longer available. Even for the areas still available, some of these mazes utilized the same areas in different years. Keeping all this in mind, I wouldn't mind if they updated the mazes to "modern standards."
        "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X